I beg to differ. While the performance in 05 may have been worse in some respects, I find the 05 show to be vastly more entertaining that 04. Granted I don't think it comes close to anything in the 98-03 years. BUt compared to 04, it was much much more pleasing.

Wow, I must disagree with that. Although I liked SCV '05, '04 is one of my all-timers. As far as the "greatest year ever" stuff, 2005 marks the first year since being a fan in 1987 where I told people don't bother getting me anything from this year. There were a few shows I liked, none I loved and many that just flat out bored or irritated me. Hopefully, next year changes that.

I beg to differ. While the performance in 05 may have been worse in some respects, I find the 05 show to be vastly more entertaining that 04. Granted I don't think it comes close to anything in the 98-03 years. BUt compared to 04, it was much much more pleasing.

ok, i took the word better to mean technical, you mean it as you liked it more...

and yes, i agree with you, 04 was bland perhaps? to me it wasnt very exciting...

that and i LOVE shostacovichs #12... it was the best part of their show, RCM i felt was the worse, i mean.. how many times did they rewrite the ending?