Classic Countdown

From the DCI site:

Slightly different from 2005, in this round fans will be asked to choose two corps from the 1970s, four corps each from the 1980s and 1990s and two corps from the 2000s. No corps can appear on the countdown more than once during the evening, so as many times as you may vote for your one favorite corps, only the highest vote-getting year of a corps will be shown.

Polling for the 2006 DCI Classic Countdown begins Monday, Jan. 23, 2006 at 11 a.m. Central time, and ends Monday, Feb. 13, 2006 at 5 p.m. Central time.

How will you be voting??

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the DCI site:

Slightly different from 2005, in this round fans will be asked to choose two corps from the 1970s, four corps each from the 1980s and 1990s and two corps from the 2000s. No corps can appear on the countdown more than once during the evening, so as many times as you may vote for your one favorite corps, only the highest vote-getting year of a corps will be shown.

Polling for the 2006 DCI Classic Countdown begins Monday, Jan. 23, 2006 at 11 a.m. Central time, and ends Monday, Feb. 13, 2006 at 5 p.m. Central time.

How will you be voting??

Please note that the date for the Countdown is April 27 and not April 20 as had previously been mentioned on DCP. So, all you going to Dayton for the WGI Percussion Worlds will still be able to see this.

Also the top 12 from last year are not eligible.

There are so many great shows, I'll have to think about it for awhile.

I'd like to see Troopers, Blue Stars or some other old favoirite from the 70's.

I'm not happy about lossing one '70's show for an extra '90's show.

I will definitely be there again though.

Don't want to start this off negatively just my first impression as there were so many great '70's shows by corps no longer aroung (Guardsmen, Bridgemen, Kingsmen, among many others-God there were alot of ***men back in the '70's)

I need to give alot of thought as to who in particular, be back later.

Let the fun begin

Off the top of my head, I'd say the following (and I might change my mind), but I'm going to vote for shows I've never seen because if I have to watch the same uberpopular shows all over again (Cavies 02, SCV 89), I'll be disappointed...

Kilties 75

SCV 78

Bridgemen 80

PR 82

Spirit 86

Suncoast 88 (or 84!)

Star 90

Crossmen 92

Cavies 98

Scouts 99

BK 00

Bloo 04

*I just hope my theater can do a better job with the sound this time...quarters 04 and last year's countdown were rather disappointing on this front...

Edited by chris ncsu

Well this wha I've come up with so far. I am open to suggestions as to what corps I need to add to my list. I need 1 more 70's show and 3 90's and I'm not particular to any 00's show. So lobby away. Free votes to anyone that has a good reason I should vote their way.

My list at current:

27th Lancers 75

Bridgemen 77

Garfield 84

SkyRyders 87

Velvet Knights 88

Phantom Regiment 89

Crossmen 90

Blue Devils 90

Madison Scouts 95

Santa Clara Vanguard 99

??

??

Edited by Ex VK DM

Here's how I'm voting...even though there are so many to choose from, I feel these choices best represent a wonderful, broad-spectrum of what drum has been since DCI came into being.

70's:

TROOPERS - 1974

OAKLAND CRUSADERS - 1978

80's:

BRIDGEMEN - 1980

GARFIELD CADETS - 1984

SUNCOAST SOUND - 1988

VELVET KNIGHTS - 1988

90's:

STAR OF INDIANA - 1993

PHANTOM REGIMENT - 1993

MADISON SCOUTS - 1995

SANTA CLARA VANGUARD - 1999

00's:

CAROLINA CROWN - 2003

CAVALIERS - 2004

Edited by Marc66

I gotta see myself on the big screen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ye Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If SAS would get out of the way. ;)

Edited by Jimisback