Legacy dvd review

heavy snippage>

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any TV cameras during Prelims performances in my era. Hence, I doubt that there will be any videos of those performances.

Actually, I have here 74 Kingsmen prelims performance on DVD from video, so I tend to wanna believe there's footage of at least the 70's,no? I can only dream/hope anyway, heh.

Philbert

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you can suggest how I can legally locate and obtain a high camera copy of 80's Drum Corps from a source other than DCI, please do. I'm all ears (or eyes in this case).

In mid 2004, I found a super corps pak for Star 1992, which included the quarters, semi, finals and high cam finals, on eBay. While I don't know what the original costs for this VHS was, it cost me $170 to get it. It was the only way for me to get the high cam angle of that show.

The absence of the high cam on the legacy dvd's is the only thing keeping me from buying any of them. It is very difficult for me to watch drum corps with multi-cam because I feel like I am missing so much. It is much, much more satisfying to see a 'complete' show from a fixed view.

In mid 2004, I found a super corps pak for Star 1992, which included the quarters, semi, finals and high cam finals, on eBay. While I don't know what the original costs for this VHS was, it cost me $170 to get it. It was the only way for me to get the high cam angle of that show.

I have the same Corps Pak for 92 VK. I don't remember paying that much for an individual corps. Now you can only buy an individual corps performace for either quarters or semis. This vid has all 3, with a high cam to boot.

heavy snippage>

Actually, I have here 74 Kingsmen prelims performance on DVD from video, so I tend to wanna believe there's footage of at least the 70's,no? I can only dream/hope anyway, heh.

Philbert

1974 was an unusual year in that only the top three prelim video recordings still exist. (I know that I have often wished this were not the case since Purple Lancers performance is lost to history and our prelim performance was better than finals). I can't recall the exact explanation, but I seem to recall that it had something to do with the local PBS affiliate, which responsible for the recordings, accidentally erasing them!

• 1 month later...
The absence of the high cam on the legacy dvd's is the only thing keeping me from buying any of them. It is very difficult for me to watch drum corps with multi-cam because I feel like I am missing so much. It is much, much more satisfying to see a 'complete' show from a fixed view.

thats exactly how i feel

i really enjoy watching all of the drill

1974 was an unusual year in that only the top three prelim video recordings still exist. (I know that I have often wished this were not the case since Purple Lancers performance is lost to history and our prelim performance was better than finals). I can't recall the exact explanation, but I seem to recall that it had something to do with the local PBS affiliate, which responsible for the recordings, accidentally erasing them!

Wow......truly amazing!! <**> :worthy: :sshh:

BTW, Tim Martin, one of your guys aged out with us in 78. B) Small world.

Philbert

If you remember two important features of 1974 in Ithaca. 1) It rained that day! ( I know that because Marion Cadets performed in a downpour) 2) At the time finals started the fog was so thick that any high camera shots were like looking at clouds from an airplane, whatever footage that would be available would not be worth watching!

I have the same Corps Pak for 92 VK. I don't remember paying that much for an individual corps. Now you can only buy an individual corps performace for either quarters or semis. This vid has all 3, with a high cam to boot.

I have the 1992 Bluecoats corps pak. I believe that year if you bought the Cd and Video bundle they threw in the corps pak of your choice. Otherwise I believe the corpspak sold for somewhere in the range of $69-$98 dollars.

Edited by bluecoats88

Best I can say is to keep an eye on eBay - I've gotten lucky finding some relatively arcane :P Cavaliers stuff back from my era, so ya never know.

Mobrien, your era wouldn't happen to include 1982 would it?

I've been trying to locate and obtain a copy of 1982 Cavaliers prelims performance from Montreal. If you have it would you please PM me?