Bring Back the All-Girls corps

Remember when we had some awesome all-girls corps?

Audobon Bon Bons, Ventures, St. Ignatius Girls, CapitolAires, Fire-ettes, CDof A, Mello Dears, St. John's Girls, Joanettes, Nee Hi's, Socialites, Alberta Girls, Belles of St. Mary, Jeanettes, Les Chatelaines, Arbella, Bandettes, Debonnaires, NDettes, Eaglettes, Ambassadears, Suburbanettes, etc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when we had some awesome all-girls corps?

Audobon Bon Bons, Ventures, St. Ignatius Girls, CapitolAires, Fire-ettes, CDof A, Mello Dears, St. John's Girls, Joanettes, Nee Hi's, Socialites, Alberta Girls, Belles of St. Mary, Jeanettes, Les Chatelaines, Arbella, Bandettes, Debonnaires, NDettes, Eaglettes, Ambassadears, Suburbanettes, etc

Also add to the list Bellettes, Bellville, IL, Colonades, Fairfield, CT, Red and white Airs, Calgary, Alberta, Corvets, Closter, NJ, Durham Girls, Durham, Ontario, Hyde Park All Girls, New Day, Racine, Stardusters All Girls, NJ

Love them all!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::peek::wub::wub:

Also add to the list Bellettes, Bellville, IL, Colonades, Fairfield, CT, Red and white Airs, Calgary, Alberta, Corvets, Closter, NJ, Durham Girls, Durham, Ontario, Hyde Park All Girls, New Day, Racine, Stardusters All Girls, NJ

Love them all!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::peek::wub::wub:

More from NJ:

Emerald Grenadears

Haddonfield Royaleers (the town next to Audobon...that's a lot of gals! :P )

Paramus Mountettes

When I was at the americanos all of our G bugles had come from the Ventures - they had their name engraved on them. It was kind of sad in a way.

Don't forget from the Midwest-

The Vacationland Sweethearts (Port Clinton OH.) and Praesidium (Riverview Mich......All the G.L.D.C.A. corps guys had at least ONE girlfriend in this corps!)

When I was looking for a farm to buy in Wisconsin......strange California boy that I am!....one of the places I looked was around Rhinelander and that was because of the all girl corps there: Belles of St. Mary's, right? Figured if there was a corps around out there in the boonies I would have somebody to write for and/or instruct.

As it turned out,I ended up nearer to LaCrosse for about 6 years or so until situations led me back to Central California's coastline.

RON HOUSLEY

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget the Norwood Debonnaires (Norwood, MA) and the Leicester Girls (Leicester, MA?).

However, the way things are going these days, if someone wanted to start an all girl corps, I think there'd probably be someone screaming about sex discrimination.