Bring Back the All-Girls corps

Why? There are still two all-male corps:

Madison Scouts and Cavaliers

Didn't know there were any all male corps still around. Didn't want to hijack the thread, it was just me being cynical. Personally I wish there were some all girl corps still around.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man the double entendre in that statement. ^0^ :sshh: :ph34r:

Hehehehehehehe.....you know!!!!!

What was the name of Pepe Notaro's corps from connecticut? I for the life of me cannot remember, But I remember that the girls were a talented and good looking too!

Fire-ettes? I believe, they were great in...hmmm 1975 or 76?

http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com has a pretty good selection of all girl corps in their catalog/

I got Joanettes, Bon-Bons, St. Iggies and a couple others from 71.

Highly recommended source of pre-DCI videos: both Jr. and Sr. corps from the old daze.

RON HOUSLEY

But did you get the one that counts? Of course...Garfield 71! :P

Lots of great stuff I'd love to buy there...I'd love the entire 71 WO finals, if I could afford it.

Of course I got Garfield 71 from http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com

I also got Kingsmen, SCV, Argonne, Troopers, Madison and The Cavaliers.

The Jr. all girls corps I couldn't remember was The Mello-dears.

RON HOUSLEY

I want to get 2-7 and Blue Rock first...then Argonne and the Troopers....and SCV and Anaheim...and then the Cavies and Madison. Not that it matters, but they fit 4 on a DVD, I think. I have Garfield 71 and 72, as well as (and it is not on the site for sale) our 71 WO Prelims show they just happen to have had available for me (I spoke with Charlie Haas on the phone). That would give me 9 of 12 finalists...but at $15 per corps that's $120 (the missus just would not understand)!

If you happen to watch Garfield 71...I am the taller of the two tri-tom players. We actually had a third player, but I guess he missed that weekend.

Mike, make a master list of the corps you want and then get them a few at a time, like one disc per month. Spreads out the monetary hit that way and you've always got something to look forward to in the months ahead.

That's the only way I can afford this stuff. Between the vids, the Legacy series, and other sites like POCM, a historical drum corps library of one's own adds up fast!

And then there's the merchandise that the corps themselves offer......not a lot left in the old budget for trips to the Gentleman's club and/or contributions to the various church funds, eh?

Fortunately I buy the cheap mac and cheese.

RON HOUSLEY

Mike, make a master list of the corps you want and then get them a few at a time, like one disc per month. Spreads out the monetary hit that way and you've always got something to look forward to in the months ahead.

That's the only way I can afford this stuff. Between the vids, the Legacy series, and other sites like POCM, a historical drum corps library of one's own adds up fast!

And then there's the merchandise that the corps themselves offer......not a lot left in the old budget for trips to the Gentleman's club and/or contributions to the various church funds, eh?

Fortunately I buy the cheap mac and cheese.

RON HOUSLEY

Good ideas, of course. Sure can not do it all at once!

if you like the all-female corps then can i urge you to send some donations towards the Bandettes!!!!!!! at least help keep them around!!!!