What are some SCARY clean moments

Ahhh!!! I love that!

The four points of the star keep rotating until they magically form that block, which grows into the huge triangle, horns go down as the corps hightails it to the middle of the field to form two vertical lines as the drumline pounds away the "Gloria" theme from the '89 show (nice little homage signifying the end of the '89-'91 trilogy)...you think they're done, but the lines keep moving, and the huge triangle emerges but upside down, they keep pushing, whip their horns up and belt out the rest of the show...no one in the audience is sitting at this point. Keep in mind this is all accompanied by a HUGE drum corps hornline sound ("DAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! DAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! DAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!") for the entire ending, whereas these past few years the most I can expect from them is an in tune, in tone, mezzo-forte ("Dah. Dah. Dah." <**>)...the antithesis of drum corps. But this show...what a great way to finish off the greatest three years in Cavaliers history.

98427238_6226288fc6.jpg98427240_7e2460edd3.jpg98427242_05c6a109f3.jpg

Now THAT is a Cavaliers show.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=30...q=the+cavaliers

There is the show for those who haven't seen it.

Watched it again myself. I can actually enjoy the show, though I don't think its "scary clean"

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1990 Phantom Regiment - Danse Bacchanale Tonguing

GOOSEBUMPS!!

I believe he's referring to those who respond to arguments that modern hornlines aren't as loud by saying "but they have a good tone and are in tune," as if it weren't possible to play loud AND in tune and with good tone (although it is certainly more difficult to achieve).

It is possible to play loud AND in tune, but harder now than it was on G bugles.

The Gs had a larger bore and you could really move air thru them

It is possible to play loud AND in tune

I know, and this is the ideal, of course. However, I'd rather hear a corps play in tune than (decently - I'm not a stickler for perfect intonation at a show) than loud. The Blue Devils have been able to do both, along with a couple other groups out there, I believe.

The Cadets' entire 2005 show was #### clean even though I hated it. Still, it was probably the cleanest show I have ever seen. I thought Cavies 2002 was clean, too given how they teach their drill (coordiates vs. march to form). Musically speaking, the cleanest I've heard would probably be any of the drum solos in recent years from the Cavies. The dirtiest I've heard would be the snares of Phantom Regiment's 1992 show during pretty much the entire show (sorry, Phantom). I also wonder how "clean" Madison's hornline is in terms of intervallic control and whether or not there is significant phasing, generally speaking. I don't know. They certainly have the range and dynamics to their advantage. Though Blue Devils' hornline I think smokes Madison's any day.

Has anyone mentioned 1991 Star of Indiana? That drill during "Pines of Rome" that ends with that cross thing after about 6 drill sets in, like, less than 36 counts or something, is amazing! George Zingali is certainly missed! And he had to write all that drill by hand (I think).

Has anyone mentioned 1991 Star of Indiana? That drill during "Pines of Rome" that ends with that cross thing after about 6 drill sets in, like, less than 36 counts or something, is amazing! George Zingali is certainly missed! And he had to write all that drill by hand (I think).

That might have been great drill, but I wouldn't call it clean anymeans.

Has anyone mentioned 1991 Star of Indiana?

Oh yes many many many times