Phantom getting new uniforms!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the new uniforms & equipment for Phantom this year, it's highly doubtful that they will be shelling out any money for any of the new stuff...

Percussion - being a perennial top-5 corps, percussion companies generally will give you new equipment on a regular basis in return for the use of the corps name and pictures in advertising. Plus, it's a good way to field test new designs.

Tubas - since this is a new design of a marching tuba (from what I've seen in previous posts), the free use of tubas is likely, to field test them for endurance and playing ability.

Uniforms - similar to the percussion, any top corps is likely to get free, or significantly reduced uniforms so that they can promote the uniform company, and the company can likewise use the corps as standard for how good their product is.

NOW...as for preference of Phantom uniform...

THE KHAKIS WERE THE BEST...in my humble opinion.

Definitely capes. :)

DEFINITELY NO CAPES!!! Or at least if you add a cape, make it for decorative purposes only. I find the lame drills to drum solos, with the horns flopping their capes up and down, to be one of the cheesiest things anyone has ever done in DCI and so unsophisticated for such a class act as Phantom. IMHO

Go back to the Phantom Regiment Classic look. No plume, black tartan lined with red, belted, white jacket, black pants. That was them at their best, and the uniform that made me want to be in a corps.

Oh God no, not back to scrubbing bubbles LOL

Those uniforms in 86 were a nightmare. 200 parts, all wool LOL

and the fiberglass helmets weighed a ton!

I still say all white!

(and for whoever knocked Cesario, he designed the original all white uni that the corps still bases its designs on today)

Your favorite Phantom uniform wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the CAPE would it? b**bs

I love the 1983 uniform. Coming onto the field at finals in 83, they took 8 steps, brought the cape up to their face and continued marchinge forward, creating the most intense moment of that evening!!!!!!!!

CAPES!!!!!

Aaah...see you caught me! Yep....loved the capes!

With the tan, which color was the sash in '00? I liked those a lot more than '01 and '02, although I still prefer black or white to either.

Definitely capes. :)

Overall, I think black, silver, and red would be my ideal color scheme.

Maybe they'll go grey???

2000- Sash was Red & Black

Here's a thought.......what if it's a non-traditional marching uniform?

and yet another thought....... Black pants hide feet. If visual exicution scores are low, why not go black bibs?

final thought........I love the way the corps looked with the kahki/white with red/black sash ensemble. Made the corps look strong in the upper body and still crisp without going solid white.

THE KHAKIS WERE THE BEST...in my humble opinion.

YESSS!!!