"When did this happen?"

Okay. I've been away from drum corps for a few years, so somebody help me out here. Last time I marched was in the late seventies. I started at age 9 in the Paterson Lamplighters, went to the Wayne Monarchs, Belleville Black Knights, and finished with the Skyliners. Here are my questions. When did Senior corps switch to 'All Age'? Also, is anyone else thinking that some of this drum corps 'evolution' has gone too far? I'm sure all my opinions will change now that I'm planning on catching up again. Hey! Remember when you could tell a guy was a solo soprano because he had a ring on his slide? Yeah, I know. But it sure was cool at the time!

Peace.

Okay. I've been away from drum corps for a few years, so somebody help me out here. Last time I marched was in the late seventies. I started at age 9 in the Paterson Lamplighters, went to the Wayne Monarchs, Belleville Black Knights, and finished with the Skyliners. Here are my questions. When did Senior corps switch to 'All Age'? Also, is anyone else thinking that some of this drum corps 'evolution' has gone too far? I'm sure all my opinions will change now that I'm planning on catching up again. Hey! Remember when you could tell a guy was a solo soprano because he had a ring on his slide? Yeah, I know. But it sure was cool at the time!

Peace.

Don't worry "Some" things Never Change... suspect you'll still enjoy it!!! :P

It seems to be all semantics. I don't think it was a change in organization, just a change to realize that "senior" corps had more than "seniors" in them. It's an image thing, and still acceptable to say "senior corps" as far as I've observed.

Don't worry "Some" things Never Change... suspect you'll still enjoy it!!! :P

Thanks for the moral support, Fred. :worthy: Sounds like you have some real nice history. FYI I just found the internet feed for Drum Corps radio. Should help me catch up.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...