Introducing: Polaris Youth Ensembles

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to announce the pending formation of Polaris Youth Ensembles in Houston, Texas.

Currently, the staff and I are taking all the steps needed to become a full non-profit group in preparation for our inagural season of winter drumline, coming next winter, 2007!

Using this group as a starting point, PYE aims to create a winter guard unit, a brass unit, and a full drum and bugle corps over the next several seasons. By adopting a policy of "slow and steady wins the race" we feel confident that we can accomplish these goals!

Currently, our temporary website is located at http://www.freewebs.com/polarisyouth/index.html

The site is sparse currently, but that will all change soon! Please feel free to visit the site, and the forums to leave any questions, comments, or suggestions, offers for sponsoring...or just to leave some well-wishing!

You may also PM me here on this board. I'd love to hear from you!

We're looking forward to serving the Houston area and all of Texas and can't wait to get our show on the road!

Brandon Tanner

Founder/Director - Polaris Youth Ensembles

Awesome News!

This is exactly the same tactic that we're going to follow at Wild Knights. Great to hear you have connections to Frontier as well. We're in contact with Chris and some other support staff there.

Let's make sure both our organizations succeed where others fail and make sure we gain and retain the respect of our communities.

Good luck, we're in this together! We'll see who gets off the ground first, nothing wrong with some friendly competition!

Brooks Andersen

Co-Founder

Wild Knights YPA

Keep it solid and real guys. :laugh:

A lot of people talk about bringing a corps to their area, but very few actually go for it.

Good luck with your new group and work hard!

Let's make sure both our organizations succeed where others fail and make sure we gain and retain the respect of our communities.

Good luck, we're in this together! We'll see who gets off the ground first, nothing wrong with some friendly competition!

You're on! :P

Seriously though, thanks for the well-wishes. Best of luck to you as well. I hope we'll get some opportunities to work together.