Sky Ryders in Classic Countdown

Sky Ryders in Classic Countdown  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What Sky Ryders year would you vote for in Classic Countdown?

• not voting for them

Anyone else voting for Sky Ryders? I like most all of their shows so I'd like to vote with the majority to increase their chances of getting in.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately '87

The guard alone that year was beyond belief (what a rifle line) - and as a corps - probably the definative version of West Side Story.

Add to that all the behind the scenes travel drama they had that year, and it just makes the show that much more special.

Later,

Mike

Tough choice between 87 and 88.....but I went with 88. Great show....crowd fave....MASSIVE plume action in the final horns down....the mosy hypin' center snare in history...the best 12th place show of all time for me.

Tough choice between 87 and 88.....but I went with 88. Great show....crowd fave....MASSIVE plume action in the final horns down....the mosy hypin' center snare in history...the best 12th place show of all time for me.

agreed, for me this was a toss up between 87 and 88. tough call, i went with 87 but love both shows.

Yea, lots of drama in 87. :sshh: It was the best of times and the worst of times. :laugh:

#### Tour 87. ^0^

Yea, lots of drama in 87. :sshh: It was the best of times and the worst of times. :laugh:

#### Tour 87. ^0^

:laugh:

Was that the year you guys had the wreck in Minneapolis? I remember that happening one year..and a heck of a show despite the distraction..

Pat

I wish I could vote for 1989. That was one of my favorite "dark" shows ever performed. Might not have been on the same level of execution of some of the shows eligible for the vote, but certainly my favorite show by them. Still one of my all time favorite guard uniforms and silks that year as well.

Didn't they have problems too that year? I thought there was something about an intestinal flue or something that hit the entire corps and laid them up unable to rehearse for like two weeks.

If I vote for a year, it would be 1982...I loved that show and that soprano line... :laugh:

I'll go with that..great horn book form Larry Kerchner.

BTW..one of the plume hypers is Tim Kviz..SkyRyderFMM on DCP.

The center snare was Mickey Herzog of Recent Pioneer Caption Head fame.

If I vote for a year, it would be 1982...I loved that show and that soprano line... :rock:

I just checked corpsreps.com and HOLY CRAP! Sky's hornline was 6th in finals in 82! :huh:

I never knew Sky's hornline placed that high at one time.

Pretty cool stuff.

Year - Brass Placement

1982 ----- 6th

1983 ----- 8th

1986 ----- 10th

1987 ----- 12th

1988 ----- 12th