Sky Ryders in Classic Countdown

Sky Ryders in Classic Countdown  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What Sky Ryders year would you vote for in Classic Countdown?

• not voting for them

:rock:

Was that the year you guys had the wreck in Minneapolis? I remember that happening one year..and a heck of a show despite the distraction..

Pat

No, that was the year our buses were impounded in Boulder, CO. for a week. We missed out on more shows and money. It was in USA today.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked corpsreps.com and HOLY CRAP! Sky's hornline was 6th in finals in 82! :rock:

I never knew Sky's hornline placed that high at one time.

Pretty cool stuff.

Year - Brass Placement

1982 ----- 6th

1983 ----- 8th

1986 ----- 10th

1987 ----- 12th

1988 ----- 12th

Yeah, and what you don't see are their placements from semi-finals/prelims. 3rd in 82 and 6th in 83. Finals was not the best show either year.

Yeah, and what you don't see are their placements from semi-finals/prelims. 3rd in 82 and 6th in 83. Finals was not the best show either year.

Their hornlines were good, but didn't deserve to be anywhere near that high.

I wouldn't vote for them on the countdown, but if I did, it would be 86. That's a great GE show there.

I just checked corpsreps.com and HOLY CRAP! Sky's hornline was 6th in finals in 82! :rock:

I never knew Sky's hornline placed that high at one time.

Pretty cool stuff.

Year - Brass Placement

1982 ----- 6th

1983 ----- 8th

1986 ----- 10th

1987 ----- 12th

1988 ----- 12th

I find it odd that some are saying they "didn't deserve to be there" when in 82 they were pretty dang good, I mean they made finals and their horn line was the best part (to me) of the show...anyway, this is interesting, even I didn't know they were that high in brass in 82 :).

Edited by Lancerlady

Their hornlines were good, but didn't deserve to be anywhere near that high.

I wouldn't vote for them on the countdown, but if I did, it would be 86. That's a great GE show there.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion, but all of the judging panels all summer long both years would disagree with you. They had most horn lines chasing them all summer. John Simpson was truly a gifted brass instructor. I don't remember the horn line's exact prelims placement in 81, but that line was a top 12 line in the middle of the pack as well despite an overall 14th place finish. I thought their horn lines were simply amazing those years. One of the reasons I decided to march there.

We toured with Sky Ryders a LOT in 1982, and I'll agree that their hornline WAS that good. If I vote for SR, it will be the 1982 season. I haven't thought about my voting choices yet though.

Blonde question here....do we know what corps made the list yet?

The voting doesn't start until Mon. the 23rd. Not sure as to when it closes.