The Greatest Drum Corps Shows of All Time

Or a lot of people voted it down because it is so popular to others.

I am suprised to see Cadets 2000 higher than SCV 2000. I seemed when I looked at people posts, that SCV 00 was on nearly all of them, and cadets 00 not apearing that much at all.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was suprised by that too (usually that show isn't well-liked here, though I think it's absolutely perfect). But a majority of the people who listed Cadets 2000 had it high up on their list, while many people who had Vanguard 2000 on their list did not.

Great List

The only thing I am really surprised about is Cadets 2001 - 96th place. Very difficult and very clean show. In my opinion that is one of the greatest hornlines ever and by far my favorite Cadets show. I wonder why more people don't like it?

Something to think about....

I think a more accurate way to determine the greatest Drum Corps show of all time is to ask everyone to list the 10 shows that they think the majority of others think are the greatest shows of all time. This would do two things. One, it would eliminate personal bias. And two, it would make the list have only the absolutely most popular shows.

For example... My list did not include Star 93, Madison 95, Phantom 96, or Vanguard 89 because I personally thought that there were 10 other shows that were better than these. But if I voted using my criteria above, I would have to include all of these because they are talked about so much and so well-known.

It all depends what your definition of 'greatest' is. I believe using my system would creat a more holistic approach... not to mention it would take into account other people's (non DCP'ers) opinions as well. Think about this and tell me if this is something that would be cool to do sometime.

Edited by Tez

The number of shows for each corps is very close to what I would have guessed before this began:

18 - Blue Devils 94,86,88,76,99,03,00,84,82,90,80,95,04,92,89,97,98,96

17 - Cadets 00,05,87,84,83,89,93,95,85,82,92,98,91,90,97,96,01

12 - Santa Clara Vanguard 89,99,88,00,87,04,03,75,93,86,97,02

10 - Phantom Regiment 96,89,03,93,05,78,91,97,79,04

8 - Madison Scouts 95,96,99,97,75,88,98,03

6 - Cavaliers 00,02,95,03,04,01

4 - Bridgemen 80,77,78,76

3 - 27th Lancers 80,81,75

3 - Crossmen 92,97,01

3 - Star of Indiana 93,91,90

2 - Bluecoats 05,90

2 - Boston Crusaders 00,03

2 - Carolina Crown 05,04

2 - Muchachos 75,74

2 - Suncoast Sound 85,88

2 - Velvet Knights 92,85

1 - Blue Knights 99

1 - Glassmen 01

1 - Kingsmen 74

1 - Spirit of Atlanta 80

Edited by patblamo

Lowest champion on the list was BD '96, at #92....Phantom '96 was #3.

I should also point out that Cavies 92 didn't even make the list... which is really surprising to me.

And in my heart, I'll always prefer BD 96 over Phantom.

Yowsa !! 2005 is nowhere to be found..............

~G~

Surprise!!!!!!!!

Sadly, your results are null and void because they failed to place the greatest show of all time in the number one spot.

That show is, of course, SCV 1999.

Any comment to the contrary will be summarily disreguarded.

Have a nice day.

<**> <**> <**> <**>

Triple Forte

I think that Cavies 2002 was just such a radical departure from the mainstream that they weren't everybody's cup of tea!

Or because it was so boring. Horns played the same thing over and over. The drumline wasn't extremely clean (especially the split roll <**> A disappointing lick from the Cavies) Leave the flashy stuff to BD. Also, the drum feature was so dull and unoriginal. Everyone knows the response to dock-digga-dock-dock (Shave and a haircut...) (The response: dock dock). Plus, what about it was a departure? The vocals? No. One example: SCV the year before. Very close to the same thing Cavies did. On the plus side, visual and guard were amazing (except for the two guys being dropped in the Fight Club thing (I think one was on purpose)).