90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

And your exportations were???!!???

Your spell checker can't fix that! :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee if you need a spell checker for the forums install this program Click here for spell checker I have been using it for a few months and works pretty good.

Lou, this is OT to the OT of the OT comments. This entire thread will have to be moved again ... to the spellcheck category. ^0^

That's pretty funny that those who said this topic would be moved has been.... :blink:

I "heart" Alex's previous post - as much as I'd love to discuss only drum corps stuff, I tend, along with many others, to migrate to the OT forums, because often there are some really good discussions going on by current/former drum corps people on non-drum corps topics - and in a way, like Alex, I think it helps give perspective and food for thought over many non-drum corps issues whether there's agreement or not on the topic du jour!

Not everyone is going to make music a career, and not everyone is going to be able to participate in drum corps after either ageing out or moving away or going into a career that prevents dc participation.

There are many here who may also be at that "decision point" stage in life where they must give serious thought to their career and life goals, and it's possible that some here can be of assistance, having been through that process in the past.

There are many ways to keep DCP from being boring - much depends on how willing we are to not be boring ourselves!

(..........must insert gratuitous and obligatory "I LOVE DRUM CORPS" comment to keep on topic here.........)

b**bs

I predicted this on page 6 of this thread. :blink:

Odd coincindence of the day...I was watching Renegades at our rectruiting table today (Prelims DVD), saw Kelli, and the above post flashed into my head. I come home, and BANG! The thread had been moved.

Get out of my miiiiiiind!!! ($1 to Frank Herbert)

^0^

something id suggest would be slightly different guidelines for the offtopic and ontopic forums, with the offtopic being a bit more loose. admins should only need to jump in when someone is OBVIOUSLY flamebaiting, or a flame war is going on.

oh, and the offtopic forums are most certainly necessary. many of us may not necessarily want to talk drum corps, but want to talk with other people who share the similar 'drum corps perspective' about general things in life. were it not for the offtopic forums.. i might never have marched. The 2 people that pulled me most to marching both were people i first met in the bored forum.

overall i agree, many times over-moderation has dulled the place down. to be fair, i think other things can contribute to this too. out of the control of DCP, more and more corps do not allow current members to post either in the general or in all of DCP (including my own, so i only post offtopic until i age out).. this removes a lot of the potential membership and 'new blood' that dcp could be gaining.

i will agree that if you take away the OT stuff, the on topic stuff will end up like RAMD....cluttered with plenty of off topic stuff intermixed.

I could not agree more. Please no Catherine Burr

:blink::angry::angry::angry:

PLEASSSSE, JUST SAY NO!!! :angry: <**>

No Lee, I mean reall, honest to goodness, nonsense. I just got PM's by a 16 year old trying to defend himself about an opinion he has and telling me how he saw BD in 1997 five times......Take it for what you want, but that has nothing to do with free speech..thats udder nonsense on all levels and things like that, blatant absence of reality and credibility is whats turning this place into a joke. a "rah rah" fest where bandwidth is wasted by "go (insert corps)" " I love (insert corps) " One word posts, borg-esque behaviour, blind loyalty, absence of facts...etc...no, inagination, creativity, humour, fun..all those things are missing and somethings are killed before they can start and things like I mentioned are allowed to flourish .......

~G~

Hmm..

Basically anyone who has an opinion contrary to yours..I see.

NOTE TO ALL: DISAGREE WITH G AND YOU HAVE NO BRAIN!