DCI 2006 will be remembered as...?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, which means that if you think the Cadets show is fair game to slam whichever way you want, expect a heated response.

So it bothers you when people counter you by bringing up ECJ? How about the kids in the Cadets that are just as proud of the corps they marched in. The show that you ripped and called "filth" is the same show that 135 of your peers killed themselves practicing all summer. So when you see people bring up ECJ and it angers you, imagine what reaction your post caused in a member of the Cadets.

I don't care what you thought of the show. You're free to be as disinterested as you would like. However, nothing about the show warranted such derogatory, and frankly mean, remarks. Lighten up, Francis.

Thanks for the condescension, "Francis."

I'd just like to point out that this is the "DCI 2006" prediction thread. So how exactly can you say that I insulted a show that hasn't even been performed yet?

And as far as the whole membership/insulted thing goes, my comment was merely pointing out how ridiculous it is for people to try and criticize my argument or me personally because of the corps that I marched in. I wasn't offended because the person implied that my show was bad, but because they tried to use the corps I marched in against me in this discussion.

Way to completely misinterpret my post. But it's ok, this is a discussion forum, you're allowed to make all the misguided comments you want.

Edited by TTitans909

This will be the year in which people accept change (instead of fearing it, as in the past 6 years) and realize that a bunch of the shows are in actuality really good.

while I agree, I doubt people are actually going to "accpet" chagnes. I see people as either settling with it (as I have) or just leaving DCI completely.

And yes, you are true when you say alot of shows are actually good. No one I've seen has trashed the Bluecoats for using the amplified voice, in fact, many people loved it. I think the "hate" from shows actually comes from bias AGAINST corps (and I will admit I give the Cadets alot of heat... as do ALOT of people.)

but, only a small minority is actually going to accept the changes.

~>conner

And yes, you are true when you say alot of shows are actually good. No one I've seen has trashed the Bluecoats for using the amplified voice, in fact, many people loved it. I think the "hate" from shows actually comes from bias AGAINST corps (and I will admit I give the Cadets alot of heat... as do ALOT of people.)

The bias runs deep with many.

I'd just like to point out that this is the "DCI 2006" prediction thread. So how exactly can you say that I insulted a show that hasn't even been performed yet?

Please. Give us a little more credit than that, we all know what show you were talking about.

...the year in which SCV proved that rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated.

hear hear

Please. Give us a little more credit than that, we all know what show you were talking about.

No, you don't.

As far as pedantic and pandering shows go, I didn't think Cadets 2005 was too bad. If you took out the initial narration (which I thought was pretty useless) it would've been fine. I loved the ballad, and I thought Machine (save the Bjork-speak) was an awesome production. I thought the ending was a little weak (no real concrete melody, just a lot of things thrown together), but other than that I enjoyed it.

My comment was made in reference to things written on Hoppy's blog, other announcements Cadets have made, paired with the recording that I listened to from one of their camps (the performance was fine, the music just didn't strike me as particularly interesting). It seems like they're try to go even further out than their 05 show, and I just don't think it will work.