DCI 2006 will be remembered as...?

Cadets' attempt to revolutionize the modern show design results in an overwrought program that seemingly goes over the head of all of the fans, when in reality it's just poorly conceived, pedantic, postmodernist filth.

...turns into...

I didn't think Cadets 2005 was too bad.

Big change of heart there. I'm buying it. Loads. :lolhit:

Edited by KingMargeret

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The year that the BoD let their guard down and gave Hopkins carte blanche.

...turns into...

Big change of heart there. I'm buying it. Loads. :lolhit:

Hmm, maybe if you read the thread...

Now here, let me go through this nice and slowly for you. The thread is titled "DCI 2006 will be remembered as...?" and the OP said : DCI 2006 will be remembered as the year that ____________________. and asked for us to fill in the blank... Now if you read my post, you might (rightfully) assume that what I meant was "DCI 2006 will be remembered as the year that Cadets' attempt to revolutionize the modern show design results in an overwrought program that seemingly goes over the head of all of the fans, when in reality it's just poorly conceived, pedantic, postmodernist filth."

Hmmm, no reference to Cadets' 2005 show there...

I also later said: "I'd just like to point out that this is the "DCI 2006" prediction thread. So how exactly can you say that I insulted a show that hasn't even been performed yet?" in response to someone saying that I shouldn't bash Cadets' 05.

Sigh... I give up.

Incidentally, I think the use of the word pedantic is rather, well, pedantic.

Fair enough, but I can't really think of another word to use that so precisely (I had written succinctly but I didn't want to come off as being pedantic) captures (I had written encapsulates but changed that) what I think (I had used hypothesize but decided to change it) their show might turn out like.

For all I know, it could be nothing like that. It could be my favorite show of all-time. My initial comment was a guess - one made somewhat in jest, at that. Whatever.

P.S. I'm aware that this post is the epitome (could've used paragon, but they're both pretty good) of the word pedantic. In the future I'll try to dumb down my posts so the common, uneducated DCP person can understand them.

Or maybe I could just keep using the vocabulary I'm comfortable with and not indirectly insult your intelligence.

edit: I guess I could've used didactic, but I think pedantic has more of a negative connotation than didactic.

Edited by TTitans909

I also later said: "I'd just like to point out that this is the "DCI 2006" prediction thread. So how exactly can you say that I insulted a show that hasn't even been performed yet?" in response to someone saying that I shouldn't bash Cadets' 05.

motowned.gif :)

Fair enough, but I can't really think of another word to use that so precisely (I had written succinctly but I didn't want to come off as being pedantic) captures (I had written encapsulates but changed that) what I think (I had used hypothesize but decided to change it) their show might turn out like.

Now that's funny.

HH

Hmm, maybe if you read the thread...

Now here, let me go through this nice and slowly for you. The thread is titled "DCI 2006 will be remembered as...?" and the OP said : DCI 2006 will be remembered as the year that ____________________. and asked for us to fill in the blank... Now if you blah blah blah

Well, I buy it even more now that you've explained it nice and slow for me. Durrr! :lolhit:

I appreciate the honesty of your first post, although the alliteration was a bit much...pedantic, postmodern...and I even agreed with it to a degree. Instead of making ostensibly positive comments about a corps you clearly hate, try to maintain your honesty. I, for one, would take you more seriously. So would others, probably. Just a suggestion. :)

Edited by KingMargeret

...The year Troopers missed. :( :( :(