DCP vs. RAMD

Walcat

Because RAMD is a usenet group, it is completely unmoderated. Anyone can come and go whether they have anything useful, polite, or pertinent to say about any topic. Its pretty much messy and chaotic, and that fairly describes all of Usenet. Having said that, before the rise of DCP RAMD was actually somewhat vibrant and a great clearing house for both Drum Corps and General interest topics. A handful of loons have succeeded in driving most reasonable people over here if for nothing else but to get away from them to here where they are thankfully not allowed. For many of us DCP was most attractive for its "notRAMDedness"!

While I have often been at issue over the frequency, style or political leaning of the moderation here, its still the best game in town. Separating out the Community forums and requiring permissions for access was a smart idea because it keeps DCP proper a Drum Corps place and serves as a great place to promote the activity. Personally I spend about 85% of my time in the Community forums because what fires my interest most are the topics of the day. And I prefer the debate (passionate and contentious as it gets) to be with people in a "community" where we have much in common before we open our mouths.

RAMD is a shell now, there is really not much of anything interesting going on anymore, it simply serves as the lone internet forum for some disturbed people to cry out for attention.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, some people think DCP is overmoderated, while some think it's undermoderated. Great.
kinda makes you feel like this.....

:lolhit:

no?

Wrong perspective...

Some think over, some think under...in my book, they cancel each other out, resulting in equilibrium

Wrong perspective...

Some think over, some think under...in my book, they cancel each other out, resulting in equilibrium

You're right, in my opinion. But when you get people snarking at you from both view points, it's frustrating, to put it mildly.

this is true

You're right, in my opinion. But when you get people snarking at you from both view points, it's frustrating, to put it mildly.

people here snark at each other?

NEVAAAAAA

^0^

Unfortunately, yours is a job that is wide open to snarking from every direction. It's never going to stop and it will never get easier or less frustrating.

Speaking from experience of having been in your shoes during probably the WORST of it, it's just the nature of the beast, n'est ce pas?

Stef