Cadets post ballad clip for 2006 show

Might as well try asking...what WAS the name of that Sondheim chart they were playing in that '04 video?? I saved it on my computer and would watch it from time to time, but the link became invalid.

Not a day goes by....i've got the original if you'd like

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a day goes by....i've got the original if you'd like

Thanks. If it's like their version, sounds good. IM me; screenname is in my profile.

...anyone have their version?? :)

Nope..She will be there...And Hop will turn the volume to "10" JUST TO #### YOU OFF ^0^

"Volume at 10":

Just for a moment, my pretty, think about this: What will "Hop" or his Yamaha techies do if the "Star" of this "Feature" gets sick, or quits? "Divas" have been known to do things like this. Is there a "Backup" or "Understudy" to step in her shoes?

The volume, even cranked up to 10+ won't do much to amplify SILENCE....

Or drown out the catcalls...

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

"Volume at 10":

Just for a moment, my pretty, think about this: What will "Hop" or his Yamaha techies do if the "Star" of this "Feature" gets sick, or quits? "Divas" have been known to do things like this. Is there a "Backup" or "Understudy" to step in her shoes?

The volume, even cranked up to 10+ won't do much to amplify SILENCE....

Or drown out the catcalls...

Elphaba

How about BD 04, the opener was just a huge feature for 2 trumpet screamers. What if one of them decided to quit, or what if one them just completely blew their chops and couldn't play anymore for the rest of the season. What would they have done? What if the bus exploded? What if what if what if what if. Who cares? Corps have always been taking chances, whether it be guard soloists, instrumental features, or vocals! It doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure Hopkins, of all people, knows how to run his own corps.

great sounding line, a lot of it sounds like background music, it also feels like it might flow a little better if it were felt in half time but overall not too shabby.

That's because a lot of it IS background music. But can you think of a better group to hire as your back up?

How about BD 04, the opener was just a huge feature for 2 trumpet screamers. What if one of them decided to quit, or what if one them just completely blew their chops and couldn't play anymore for the rest of the season. What would they have done? What if the bus exploded? What if what if what if what if. Who cares? Corps have always been taking chances, whether it be guard soloists, instrumental features, or vocals! It doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure Hopkins, of all people, knows how to run his own corps.

"Who Cares":

Great answer. Spoken like someone who's been around the "Activity"... How long? We aren't talking about 'exploding busses', soloists with blown chops, or one that bails. The individual in question, a high school or college "Diva" discovered by "Hop" last summer may actually be very difficult if not impossible to replace.

The way "Hop" is gushing about her all over that blog of his, I get the impression she's right up there with Mini Driver.

Elphaba

"Who Cares":

Great answer. Spoken like someone who's been around the "Activity"... How long? We aren't talking about 'exploding busses', soloists with blown chops, or one that bails. The individual in question, a high school or college "Diva" discovered by "Hop" last summer may actually be very difficult if not impossible to replace.

The way "Hop" is gushing about her all over that blog of his, I get the impression she's right up there with Mini Driver.

Elphaba

Just as there are replacements for brass soloists, I am sure there are more trained young singers in the country who could handle the solo, as great as the lady in particular sounds.

So yes...it IS a matter of 'who cares'...and why does it matter how long the person has been around drum corps. I agree with the post, and I've been around since 1964.

Just as there are replacements for brass soloists, I am sure there are more trained young singers in the country who could handle the solo, as great as the lady in particular sounds.

So yes...it IS a matter of 'who cares'...and why does it matter how long the person has been around drum corps. I agree with the post, and I've been around since 1964.

"How Long":

Nice try. I don't agree, but thats not exactly a surprise is it?

And: "I've" been "Around" since 1957. I still consider myself a very 'junior' participant in this "activity".

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

And: "I've" been "Around" since 1957.

Which makes your opinion worth about as much as anyone else's around here.

For someone who's been around as long as you have, one would think you would be more willing to give the staff and creators of the Cadets show (many of whom have been with that corps through multiple championships and 20+ years of service to them) the benefit of the doubt that IF such an event were to occur, they'd be more than capable of coming up with a workable and effective solution. In other words, don't worry about the Cadets. They'll be just fine.