it's funny that you think it's funny.

because its really not that funny.

and, yes I loved the clip.

~>conner

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this on the other "Cadets camp" thread...but does anyone else get "Canon" stuck in their head while listening to this?

I thought the same thing when I 1st listened to it. It all seemed very predictable and the only exciting part of it being the orchestrating and volume.

Not really the makings of anything memorable in a musical sense, but I like it and it doesn't suck. B)

...even funnier considering through 3 pages, no one's really talking any trash.

True, I only read the first page, and made the mistake of assuming that it would be a garbage-fest, and you know what they say about assuming, though it didn't make an ### of u, just me.

Sorry about that, and back to discussing the Cadets' clip...

it was great.

amazing mellophones.

Jay did an amazing job arranging it... and they are playing the heck out of it.

they'll definetely be contenders again this year.

~>conner

I think what was played sounds great...

you're so biased...

:P (jk)

But in all seriousness I must say I like this show so far MUCH more than I liked ''The Zone'' (sorry Tom). Mad props to the Cadets design team this is a real gem. ^OO^

The clip is nice. Dr. Beat was right on!

Actually I agree, the arrangement is nice. It will be interesting to see how it is incorporated into the bigger show. But really, very nicely arranged and played. If they do add an amped voice to that as Mr. Hopkins blog suggested, it will be a challenge for the person running the sound board to get the mix right.

But it is a beautiful ballad with plenty of moving -- driving parts.

Jim

I didn't really like it very much, personally. It's ineffectively repetitive, in my opinion. Some parts were alright, but I still don't like it as much as the piece they played in the arc in '04, the Sondheim chart (something about "winter," I believe?) THAT was a gorgeous piece. This one seems to be more meddling and unsurprising, to me. Sorry, but I guess I don't hear what's causing all the hype about this song.