Cadets post ballad clip for 2006 show

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really like it very much, personally. It's ineffectively repetitive, in my opinion. Some parts were alright, but I still don't like it as much as the piece they played in the arc in '04, the Sondheim chart (something about "winter," I believe?) THAT was a gorgeous piece. This one seems to be more meddling and unsurprising, to me. Sorry, but I guess I don't hear what's causing all the hype about this song.

It's still early in the season, songs are almost always subject to change before and during the season. So if they figure like you, maybe they'll make whatever modifications needed.

That does not imply hate??

no. you just imply consistently that anything not bowing to YEA is hate.

great sounding line, a lot of it sounds like background music, it also feels like it might flow a little better if it were felt in half time but overall not too shabby.

Wow, such a gorgeous ballad to be ruined by intervention of the human voice. Oye

You'd rather have a narration go through that?

Not that I approve of narration or vocal use.

I didn't really like it very much, personally. It's ineffectively repetitive, in my opinion. Some parts were alright, but I still don't like it as much as the piece they played in the arc in '04, the Sondheim chart (something about "winter," I believe?) THAT was a gorgeous piece. This one seems to be more meddling and unsurprising, to me. Sorry, but I guess I don't hear what's causing all the hype about this song.

oh my.....

I agree.

Personally, I greatly prefer the clip of the Crossmen ballad realeased a couple of weeks ago... :music:

crossmens builds more and is much fuller. but I believe the cadet one is a first draft without vocals.

both will be great by the summer.