National Dream Contest Roosevelt Stadium

I guarantee that my memory of the 1965 Dream - from the field with "dust spouts", hail, wind, MUCH lightening and then torrential rain... all during our 13 minute performance... a memory of a lifetime and the warm response of the people...

Grey Knight Post Crusaders 1965

Tom there is something to what you said. I also marched in the rain at the dream and it is always a favorite memory of mine. It seemed like the pressure was off, as it was mostly exhibition, and everyone had a great time. I do remember competing in the rain, maybe once, and as you said the crowd was the big difference between the dream and other shows.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Brooklyn Mario on the dcot60sa70s site:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/drumc...s/message/21563

Msgr. Wojtycha

Posted by: "Mario Navetta" bklynmario

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:42 pm (PDT)

It is my sad duty to announce the death of Msgr. Wojtycha last Tuesday in Florida. Msgr. Wojtycha was the oldest living priest of the Archdiocese of Newark, and the founder and long time moderator of the St. Vincent Cadets, Bayonne, NJ. He created and begin the DREAM contest, held for many years at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. He was also a member of the DCA and DCI Hall of fame, and a true Drum Corp giant!

His funeral will be on Monday, June 15th at 11am, at St.Vincent's Church, in Bayonne, New Jersey. The O' Brien funeral home in Bayonne is handling the arrangements.

Please spread the word, and remember Msgr. in your prayers!

Fr. Jim Reilly