Favorite Boston Crusaders DCI Finalist Show?

MikeN

Favorite Boston Finalist Show  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Boston's finalist shows was your favorite?

• 1999 - A Collection of Symphonic Dances
    • 2000 - Red
    • 2001 - Harmonium
    • 2002 - You Are My Star
    • 2003 - Bravo!
    • 2004 - The Composition of Color
    • 2005 - Ode to Joy

I liked 83 and 84 - the Mike Woodall Show. Small and tight. 8 sops, 8 baris, 4 mellos, 4 contras. 4 snares, 1 tenor, 4 basses, one pit. 8 guard. 1 DM/sop soloist. Mid-to-lower teen placement. Awesome.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Red 2000

One of my all time favorite dci shows.

The crowd was electric when Boston was announced at finals. They were the first corps to be shown live on national tv that evening.

• Like 1

Red.

Definitely. I was there at finals and all three nights, the entire stadium would hush each other to listen to the singing then collectively sigh.

Yes I agree with the above pick's. 1967,1970, 1976, 1978, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014 comes to mind as well.

LOL! When I first saw this thread, I wondered why the OP was only asking about those particular 7 years of BAC being in finals..until I noticed the date.

The fact shouldn't be lost on anyone that BAC has now been a finalist for 16 years in a row, making the corps one of the most consistent Top 12 corps in DCI. There are, what , only a half dozen groups that have put together 16 year finalist strings.

This is, imo, noteworthy in itself.

• Like 3

I was wondering why there were so few years as well and assumed someone just didn't like BAC since 2005, then like craiga I looked at the original date.

"Red" is one of my all time favorite shows of any corps of any time. I only got to one show that summer (Lynn) and was blown away by what I saw and furious they placed 2nd. I'm not they only one who felt that way that night. An honorable mention is 2002 "You are my Star." After the Boston Marathon Bombings, a few DCP posters mentioned this show as being incredibly moving years later. I have to agree.

One show since 2005 that moved BAC's diverse fans was 2011's "Revolution" but for me, a favorite, and in many ways underrated show was 2012's "Titans." To me it was the per4fect combination of old school and contemporary and it put BAC back in the top 7.

and in many ways underrated show was 2012's "Titans." To me it was the per4fect combination of old school and contemporary and it put BAC back in the top 7.

First time I watched the pre show in Folsom, CA, I felt it was one of the best evar! Nothing complicated, but oh so well written for all sections. Supposedly, with the great feed back on the pre shows for 11 & 12, they made the "Rise" pre show part of the judged portion.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1