Brandt Crocker

I agree with Jeff. You could have done a lot better off just not saying it's unprofessional. Mainly because you're not an announcer and have no clue how to do it.

As my little self-appointed title says below, I'm a professional announcer on the west coast and have been for a good 20 years. It is ABSOLUTELY my job to provide some drama, ESPECIALLY during the awards ceremony. Crowds eat it up. I've done it literally hundreds of times over the years at marching band, drum corps, and winter guard shows out here and have never ONCE been told I was unprofessional, and I have been a LOT more "blatant" about it then Brandt (of course, I think I have a better voice than Brandt, but that's a whole 'nother thread--JUST KIDDING CROCKER!!!)

In any event...calling out someone in public (while it's your right--whatever) and saying what they do is unprofessional to me in rather rude. So, that's not a low blow at you. But it is my opinion.

Ryan...since when do you announce shows? I've never realized... :worthy::bleah::bleah:

(had to join Jeff in ribbin' ya)...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

Oh Sam...YES!!!!

Almost forgot about THAT one!!!!

Will the real Fusion, please stand up!

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

Oh Sam...YES!!!!

Almost forgot about THAT one!!!!

Will the real Fusion, please stand up!

GOD that was funny!!! Almost made up for hitting the field litterally 5 minutes after arriving at the stadium!!

...and getting blinded by Oregon Crusaders' props...OUCH!

Things I know for sure:

Brandt Crocker is a consumate professional.

Brandt Crocker loves ALL drum corps.

If I was at World Division I Finals and Brandt wasn't announcing, I'd have to look around to convince myself that I was really there. He's part of the experience I just expect to have.

Funny that somebody said that Crocker favored the Cavies over BD, or whatever corps, or whatever corps. I have a friend who marched BD 95-98, and he always thought that Crocker announced BD with particular enthusiasm every time. I just remember him talking about that.

I think Mr. Crocker does a great job, and it's pretty hilarious to see somebody look at 4 or 5 words he says, and "divine" his allegiance to any corps from them. :lolhit:

I know that he tours annually with Phantom.

Wayne Barron

Kuwait

YAY!!! I BELIEVE IT! :worthy: Hey, ya... please to explain how to do that voodoo what you do... id est, how does one plant pics like your posts do?

You have to first get a program such as www.photobucket.com - free, and you can upload your pics online and give them a URL/IMG URL. Once you do that, all you do is paste the pictures' you have uploaded IMG link into your signature.