Another new corps from Tennessee on the rise.

The Presidents Sr. corps competed in DCA mini-corps in '04 I recall. Their director sent info back then that I used in DCWorld...Haven't heard from them in a long time.

Decades before, there was a Tennessee corps, sr. I believe, with the same name, to commemorate the several men who have been elected president from the Volunteer State.

Cozy

Edited by CozyChopsCom

• 1 month later...

Here's the first recording of the Appalachian Sound Brass & Percussion Ensemble

Show: Pamplona! by Key Poulan

This is our first full run though, so it's obviously a little...ok VERY rough around the edges :blink: ... but we're very pleased at the progress we've made in our first season as a developing drum and bugle corps and look forward to growing each year!

http://www.appalachiansound.org/media/AppS...er_4-9-2006.wmv

Edited by FUN! Youth Organization

You may not have heard of The Presidents Drum and Bugle corps, but they may well have heard of the new corps in TN.

From their website:

"To clarify some statements , The Presidents were(and always will be) The FIRST Drum and Bugle Corps in the State of Tennessee and were the First Drum and Bugle Corps in Tennessee to be classified as "All-Age". This transition was in 2001 , and the Corps competed in Mini-Corps at DCA in 2002 ,2003 in Scranton Pa.

Also don't forget the next rehersal will bet at Reformation Lutheran Church in Greeneville , on April 30th Sunday afternoon from 1:30 pm until 5:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend and we will be having Hot Dogs with Chili and Chips.

The Presidents are also announcing that they plan on sponsoring a Winter Drumline (Independant Class "A") This Fall....." They were founded in 1952.

They are also looking for some deralicts that borrowed horns and haven't given them back, I HATE when that happens since most corps are on shoestring budgets.

"The FIRST Drum and Bugle Corps in the State of Tennessee"

I remember seeing a photo decades ago of the "Volunteer Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps" based out of Chattanooga that listed them as "Tennessee State Champions" in the late 1920's as I recall.

I would imagine there had to be more than one corps in the state in order to be crowned "Champions."

torn8o,

I remember that "natural GE" from back in 1988 at Sevierville. That performance was truly electric!

Yeah, wasn't 1989 the first year the school used the mascot "The Smoky Bears," after having changed it from "The Smoky E.T.'s"?? You guys sure lucked out.

....and for the record, it SHOULD be "smokey." I don't even care.

I doubt this had anything to do with this group... I mean they already have Memphis Sound and I know there has been Scenic City and I think the Volunteers a few years ago in TN as well.

You may not have heard of The Presidents Drum and Bugle corps, but they may well have heard of the new corps in TN.

From their website:

"To clarify some statements , The Presidents were(and always will be) The FIRST Drum and Bugle Corps in the State of Tennessee and were the First Drum and Bugle Corps in Tennessee to be classified as "All-Age". This transition was in 2001 , and the Corps competed in Mini-Corps at DCA in 2002 ,2003 in Scranton Pa.

Also don't forget the next rehersal will bet at Reformation Lutheran Church in Greeneville , on April 30th Sunday afternoon from 1:30 pm until 5:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend and we will be having Hot Dogs with Chili and Chips.

The Presidents are also announcing that they plan on sponsoring a Winter Drumline (Independant Class "A") This Fall....." They were founded in 1952.

They are also looking for some deralicts that borrowed horns and haven't given them back, I HATE when that happens since most corps are on shoestring budgets.