New Members

• 1 month later...

New to this forum But a Drum Corps fan for well, this summer will be my 32nd year.

• 4 weeks later...

My initial post. There you go...

Welcome aboard Mr. Figge :)

Thanks. It's good to be here, and good to be back home in WI!

• 3 weeks later...
Check... One.... Two.... :smile:

Hey Steve, it's good to see you here!

Have you been to the alumni rehearsals in Simi Valley lately?

• 2 months later...
Hi!

Decided to join in the fun! Former mello player from Lasalle Cadets (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) and former member of Ceremonial Guard Band (1982) cornet, a wannabe euph player in an All Age Canadian Corps in the Fall (2007). Former Music teacher, (OCT). Haven't decided which organization to join yet. Looking forward to posting pics and getting in touch with former and current players from Ottawa Valley, western Quebec Corps and all our great Canadian Corps. Started out at age 10 on sop with Golden Trumpeters (Carleton Place), and then Carleton Place Marching Saints from 1965-1971, then mellophone player with Lasalle during last year of Corps (would have played to age-out if corps had not folded). Decided to take up the trumpet at age 20 and graduated from Nipissing University with Bachelor of Education in Music Education. Haven't played for about 10 years, but leaning (strongly) towards euphonium this fall. Moving back to GTA in August and looking forward to playing Brass Ensemble again. Rob Gibson :P

Hi Rob, I found you doing a forum search under "Lasalle Cadets" my new favorite corps from the past. We have Scout House guys who come join us for parades in Wildwood NJ, you could always do that! In fact, if you want to, with your credentials, we can send you music and you can be in a show with us indoors. We have such arrangements with former Madison players. All the best and regards to LaSalle!

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I marched as a 14 year old euphonium in the 83 Kingsmen. That was by far the most difficult instrument I marched with. Later on, I played contra with the Velvet Knights from 86-88.

I recognize a lot of folks that I marched with on the forums here, and see some VK folks that I never met. Looking forward to meeting all kinds of folks old and new here.

-Ian