New Members

Just a hello and an invitation.

I'm an ex French Horn and Mellophone player from "Back In The Day."

I'd like to remind all those new to Drum Corps that there is a history to to this great activity and that no matter what your political view on the subject, we should not lose sight of it.

All the best to all of you.

Puppet

• Like 1

Welcome to the Drum Corps Planet Community!

We hope that you enjoy your stay here. Please review the Community Guidelines so you can familiarize yourself with the communities' "personality".

Please feel free to contact any of our staff members' if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.

Rich

I Rich - I've been around for about a week now and I made a reply to a post regarding the color presentation just this morning. I also posted a jpg of St. Rita's Color Pre. I just looked and it was gone ( the pic that is) did I post something too large and the moderator had to remove it?

Are there size guidelines?

I noticed that on the Historical Junior Corps section there is a warning about mp3 files.

Does the same apply?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Puppet

I Rich - I've been around for about a week now and I made a reply to a post regarding the color presentation just this morning. I also posted a jpg of St. Rita's Color Pre. I just looked and it was gone ( the pic that is) did I post something too large and the moderator had to remove it?

Are there size guidelines?

I noticed that on the Historical Junior Corps section there is a warning about mp3 files.

Does the same apply?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Puppet

Hi Puppet...welcome to DCP.

It looks like your picture just didn't post correctly. Most pictures have to be "hosted" at a picture sharing website, as if you link from a personal site, it can eat folks bandwith.

Easiest way to do things is this:

1. Get an account at a picture sharing service. These are free to do. www.photobucket.com is a pretty good one.

2. Upload your pictures to there, after saving them from either the website you sae them on, or using the "Browse" function on the photo hosting site.

3. After that, you'll see a link that you can copy and paste. If you use photobucket, there's an tag. Copy that URL.

4. Go to post on DCP, and hit the little "picture" menu up top (looks like a little tree). The script will pop up and prompt you for a image link. Paste the link from step 3 into it.

5. You can use the "preview post" function to see if worked, and then post away.

As far as mp3's....yes, those are against policy here.

Certain people have rights to certain performances, and if we allowed it for some shows, and not others, it would possibly create legal headaches here.

If you have any questions, any of the moderation team can help you, or just ask in this forum; we'll do our best to get you an answer. :)

Hope this helps a little....and, again, welcome! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to many people know this, but you can use any photo that you post on Facebook and link it from there.

The benefits is that you don't have to sign up to any upload site and it doesn't eat any bandwidth.

Welcome to DCP!

• 1 month later...
hi, i'm new here,

and i was wondering does anybody has the information for me how drum corps has become so populair in de usa and europe, i

t's for a school project

i hope that some of you can help me :)

greets,

cheyenne

An excellent source for your project would be "A History of Drum and Bugle Corps",published by Steve Vickers. contact Steve at:www.drumcorpworld.com

Hello All....

FMM finally joining the ranks of DCP. Rocketman...It's Plock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

my name is Devanie and i marched FEVER's 2007 colorguard and i just thought i'd say hi and just meet some other people that love srumcorps as well!!!!

:satisfied:

• 3 weeks later...

New on here and learning how the forum controls work. Want to say Hello to everybody and say that I'm glad to be here. I hope to start visiting regularly and keeping up with the news in DCP. I'm an old dude, no previous DC experience, but played trumpet, baritone and chaired the drum section in high school. After that I went into jazz drumming and went to Berklee School of Music in Boston. Have now retired and looking for the one thing I always wanted to do, play in a Drum Corps. So, luckily THE PRESIDENTS, Greeneville, TN is looking for musicians and I am getting the opportunity of realizing a lifelong dream.

Want to wish you all a super good Season and let's all give everybody some awesome sounds and visuals.

TnTimber---Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I never heard of drum corps until fall 1995 when my friend Yosuke Ogura wanted to audition for the Velvet Knights. I drove him over to the VK camp in Anaheim with plans to drop him off for 4 of 5 hours. When we got there he ran off to play with the drummers and I was just wondering around when this HUGE Mexican dude with a fro and a beard walked up to me and asked/bellowed "What instrument do you play?" I said "Tuba." and he facepalmed himself and dragged me into the horn audition room. I was too scared to tell him that I wasn't there to try out. Anyway He gave me a horn (and a mouthpiece which ###### him off) and some sheet music (I now realize that it was Magical Mystery Tour) and told me to play. I was freaked out so I let loose with some of the crappiest sounds ever produced. He asked me if I really play tube, I nodded in terror, he looked at me like I was "a little slow" and asked if I could play a scale or two. I played some scales and some of Jupiter. He said something about how he should go back in time and kill his mother so he would never be born, and told me to go stand with the other "tubas".

That was my first (and I thought last) experience with drum corps.

Then in March the next year I got a phone call from the same guy (its embarrassing but i can't remember the name of the man who single-handedly made my life a living hell for 5 months) and BAM! I was drafted into the Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle Corps! It was the worst experience of my life; I was exhausted for 4 months straight; by the end of the summer my skin had been burned so many times it couldn’t remember what color it was supposed to be; and it wasn't until I finally got home to my suddenly uncomfortable bed that I realized I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

I don't know what else to say!

Glad to be here,

Ron