New Members

Hello Fellow musicians I'm 60 years old from Pittsburgh pa. Beesharp is my nickname. My first experience in the music venue was marching with the Westinghouse High school band. Soon after that I was introduced to the amazing experience of Drum and Bugle corps,WOW what a blast my world would never be the same. I marched with the Pittsburgh Rockets senior drum and bugle corps at 16 years old , the excitement of competition was something that was so amazing to me that I was hooked for life. The Rockets eventually evolved into the Steel City Ambassadors.I was blessed to have the opportunity to march with the Syracuse Brigs and finally the Harrisburg Westshoremen where in 1996 we won the DCA world championships. I'm indeed blessed to experience one of the most challenging and thrilling venues in my life.

• 1 month later...

Just joined. I live in Montpelier, VT

• Started St. Agnes CYO Senior Band (Arlington, MA)
  • Former 27th Lancers (SEP 1969-MAR 1973)
  • Currently Defenders Alumni Corps (Plymouth County, MA)
  • Fan of "ol' skool" drum corps.
  • Not a fan of modern drum corps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there...I just joined Drum Corps Planet after my Blue Devils alum BF has been on here for over a year. Have to admit that my favorite Corps has to be Phantom Regiment and I was upset that last year in Minneapolis, they were "stormed" out by the weather. I am hoping to get to see them in Minneapolis again this summer as I am very excited for their "Juliet" themed show. I live in Chicago and used to watch Drum Corps competitions back in the 70's before I really knew what they were. Got reintroduced to it when I met my BF. Watched the Cavaliers march in the Evanston 4th of July parade every year lately, although that doesn't show you the magic and mastery of a true Drum Corps Show! thumbup.gif

Only one complaint I have so far about DCI is that we ordered our tickets back in February for the Minneapolis show and as of yet we still haven't received them, despite many emails and assurances that our tickets were "in the mail." thumbdown.gif

But other than that I love Drum Corps and have become a life long fan!

Hello! My name is Em and I'm from Maryland. I'm still young enough to march drum corps, but I haven't yet - I'm hopefully planning to do so next year! :) Unfortunately, I've been playing flute most of my life... But I picked up the baritone last year in preparation for next year. Hopefully I'll have worked hard enough with my marching and bari to at least join in on the Open Class fun - Or maybe the Cadets2!! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi ive just joined the forum to coincide with my first season in Drum Corps, i am currently marching 2nd Baritone with the San Francisco Renegades for the 2011 season and have been hooked since february when i was given the chance to march with the Corps. Loud Is Good, G Bugles FTW!!

Hi ive just joined the forum to coincide with my first season in Drum Corps, i am currently marching 2nd Baritone with the San Francisco Renegades for the 2011 season and have been hooked since february when i was given the chance to march with the Corps. Loud Is Good, G Bugles FTW!!

yes the g horns are great many corps are going back to them the Bb horn really sounds bad compared to the g horns been in drum corps since 73 and have loved the g horn now marching with the Bb jupiters no comparison to the gs long live old school

Edited by oldschool1180

Does anyone know what Drum Corps are in the paraade today in Randolph MA?

• 4 weeks later...

Just joined here

not really good with introductions in real life and internet life ha

quick bio

-big fan of phantom regiment; love all their shows

-native of Michigan

-played trumpet and mellophone in high school

-love horror movies

Out here in the HEAT of Arizona. REALLY wishing I was headed to Allentown!