New Members

• 1 month later...

New member, longtime browser, first time poster.....Glad to be back into Drum Corps after 25 years. I hope I can get information from people with experience on how to start a Drum Corps. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and I'd like to start getting some background on this from people that are actually doing this, or have tried to. Any information or experience, good or bad can be helpful.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I am new here, and this is my second post. Most people call me Craig, but the people I used to march with in the Guardsmen (Illinois) in the mid '70s would more likely remember me as Wort. I was one of the youngest, if not the youngest, member, so suffice it to say I learned a lot! What great times they were. I often wonder what happened to some of the amazing musicians, and amazing people, I used to march with.

• 1 month later...

Hello evreyone! I have always heard a lot about DCP, so I decided to find out what this is all about.

My marching experiance:

4 years in the high school marching band(going on 5th year. by senior year I'll be a 7 year member)

3 years of winter drumline playing symbols for 2 years and bass drum this year, my 3rd year

1 going on 2 seasons with the Empire Statesmen Drum Corps from Rochester

Claim to Fame:

I'm with "The Edge!" group that will be soon auditioning for "America's Got Talent in a few weeks!!! I'm a baritone player, so you look the video up on youtube, just look for a baritone player that looks like he's in high school, that's me!

I hope to eventually become a professional trombone player and march at least 1 year of DCI with either the Bluecoats or Cadets.

All-County last 3 years:

1st, 4th, 1st

Jazz All-County last 2 years:

2nd, 1st

No NYSSMA yet :/

That's pretty much it!

• 3 weeks later...

New to this forum, been active on the KY marching band forums for a while, I currently march with Cincinnati Tradition and that's about it for now

• 1 month later...

New to the forums! I used to read a lot of what was on here way back when I was marching with the Blue Stars Color Guard, but I never posted.

I'm a science teacher and a guard instructor now that I've aged out. I choreograph for several different schools in 3 different states. I hope that I might get the chance to teach at the drum corps level some day, but I am really busy right now so I haven't had time to really try to get my foot in the door.

Outside of guard I also love traveling, reading, and horsebackriding. No family of my own, but my students are practically my kids, so I spend a lot of time doing things to take care of them. :thumbup:

Edited by FaithHopeLoveGuard

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Finally decided to post instead of just read.

I have been a member or 2 drum corps, but was unable to finish a season for either due to A) back injury at the beginning of the first attempt, and B) got tackled during a break and set off the back problem again for the second attempt.

I am a Music Education major, focus on percussion, and love to write (published composer) and perform. However, my passion will always be teaching.

Hey there. I've been a fan of the activity since May of 2009. I haven't marched anywhere yet, but I'm auditioning in the fall. I do Gateway Indoor during the indoor season. That's about it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a Freshman in High school, and I love DCI!

I knew that Drum Corps existed from middle school, due to the fact I went to the Blue Devils B camp.

To be honest, I pretty much didn't know what it was until last year or so.

The first video of DCI finals I saw was 2009 SCV's closer, which gave me a great interest in DCI.

Now, I watch Drum Corps rehersing and bits and parts of their shows on online!

I'm overwhelmed by the fact that everybody has many years of experiences, but from now, I would want to share my thoughts on DCI.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for years and decided to get in on the discussion.

I marched 5 years at Dorman High School, SC. I currently attend Gardner-webb, working on my Music Ed degree/Euphonium.

Went to march The Colts in 09' and found myself in a hospital a few times, long story short I couldn't march.

I love DCI and my favorite corps is The Cavaliers but I also enjoy Phantom and Bluecoats.