You know you've been marching too long when:

Here we go!

When ever you hear a song you start marking time.

You check your email every hour to see if there are any important anouncements from the staff.

You go to your closet and touch your uniform everyday.

You sleep on the floor in your house in a sleeping bag just to remind you of corps camps.

You leave the bread out so it becomes stale and the next day you make stale sandwiches. Yum!

You post to the DCP forums all day, yeah!You march senior corps until hospital personel have to drag you off the field at ninety eight because you colapsed from the heat and just couldn't move anymore.

You polish your horn weekly before rehearsal to make sure it's the cleanest in the whole corps.

You get excited when the hornline staff anounces sectionals yay!

You plan your life around everything corps related.

You create a "Drum Corps Fund" to pay your dues.

You march every where you go to prepare for the next performance.

You snap to attention when somebody claps.

You sing "I love my drum corps everyday."

Okay, add to the list here!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go!

You check your email every hour to see if there are any important anouncements from the staff.

You sleep on the floor in your house in a sleeping bag just to remind you of corps camps.

You leave the bread out so it becomes stale and the next day you make stale sandwiches. Yum!

You post to the DCP forums all day, yeah!You march senior corps until hospital personel have to drag you off the field at ninety eight because you colapsed from the heat and just couldn't move anymore.

You polish your horn weekly before rehearsal to make sure it's the cleanest in the whole corps.

- You stop at a gas station and walk by the nearest truck to get a good drag of the fumes because they remind you of the bus.

- You enjoy mowing the lawn because being out in the hot sun with the smell of grass reminds you of rehearsals.

- Every time you pass a stadium on the highway you nearly get in a bad wreck (or sometimes do) because you can't help but give the stadium a hypnotic stare while day dreaming of drum corps.

- When you watch Sunday football, all your buddys yell in unison "I DON'T CARE IF YOU MARCHED IN THAT STADIUM" just because you opened your mouth...only to ask "where do you want to order the pizza from?" (then they go "oh...uh...sorry ...uh Papa Johns").

Next...

Edited by torn8o

Here we go!

Yeah i get what you are saying here... but your list is more about somebody that can't get enough drum corps... because when you've been marching too long it's more like...

You don't check your emails anymore because you know there are annoncements from the staff and you know what the annoncements are...

You can't sleep on a floor anymore, because it's too uncomfortable...

You can't eat sandwiches anymore, in fact, just the sight of stale sandwiches makes you gag...

You don't polish your horn, you have rookies do it for you...

You know that kind of stuff...

:rock: heheh

- You stop at a gas station and walk by the nearest truck to get a good drag of the fumes because they remind you of the bus.

- You enjoy mowing the lawn because being out in the hot sun with the smell of grass reminds you of rehearsals.

- Every time you pass a stadium on the highway you nearly get in a bad reck (or sometimes do) because you can't help but give the stadium a hypnotic stare while day dreaming of drum corps.

- When you watch Sunday football, all your buddys yell in unison "I DON'T CARE IF YOU MARCHED IN THAT STADIUM" just because you opened your mouth...only to ask "where do you want to order the pizza from?" (then they go "oh...uh...sorry ...uh Papa Johns").

Next...

totally...

one more... no matter what you do, you will always end up walking in step with the people around you...

totally...

one more... no matter what you do, you will always end up walking in step with the people around you...

once realising you're in step with the people around you.(this really only applies if they are people you march with) you try to break step together only to end up still in step.

you can sleep at attention(accidentily of course.)

when you hear music end or a impact point of a show while half asleep you snap to attention even though your laying down.

you get odd looks from people not only because you're blasting music out of your car but the music your blasting isn't rock or rap. it's drum corps.

'Brigscontrachik05' 'Mar 8 2006, 08:20 PM''1322846']

Yeah i get what you are saying here... but your list is more about somebody that can't get enough drum corps... because when you've been marching too long it's more like...

You don't check your emails anymore because you know there are annoncements from the staff and you know what the annoncements are...

You can't sleep on a floor anymore, because it's too uncomfortable...

You can't eat sandwiches anymore, in fact, just the sight of stale sandwiches makes you gag...

You don't polish your horn, you have rookies do it for you...

I like the getting the Rookie to do it thing....

You hear a song on the radio and you can say what corps played it, what year, what place they came in, and if they sucked doing it!!!!!

When the cable goes out and while staring :rock: at the snow on the screen you think you can see drill patterns in the mayhem!!!! It was New Years.....after too much egg nog!!!

When buying new shows or sneakers....Whats the first thing you do? Someone else answer this question!

Edited by JKatzmellophone

When no one in your section was even born when you began marching

When no one in your section was even born when you began marching

Frank, #### even I have the problem...!!!!

Your corps jacket is older than most of the members of your corps. (Like mine :( )

You thought that it would be fun to do the old high knee lift marching - till you tried do it.

You realize that your son (who is marching with you) is older than you were when you started.

Instead of pizza and beer after a show, its Motrin and bed!