DCP-I Finals week discussion

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleu Knights have made history for their individual organization today. Not only did they advance to the next round, but they exceeded the score they earned and finished their season with last year by over 4 points today!

Emerald Regime is still moving along strong, and had a great show with Star of Jupiter last night. Tri-Color definitely has proven themselves to be stronger than last year at this point, and all Tri-Color Organizations look forward to finishing with a strong ending in their home region!

Congrats to: Bleu Knights, Emerald Regime Cadets, Cascade Christian, and Puget Sound for advancing to the next round of Division II/III Championships.

Our colorguard was a disaster on the field today. We brought in some former members of the award winning guard of DCP-I III to instruct and they started rewriting most of the show. Just not enough time for it to click today but it will be much better at prelims. Tomorrow is the awful all day rehearsal that the members just LOVE (/sarcasm) If anything, they will come out much better than when they went in. :)

Overdrive and LWC smashed the scoring records to bits in prelims; who knows what the next rounds will hold? :)

The Loudon Generals are very proud of their 15th place position for our rookie year. We congratulate all those corps who made Semi's and wish them all the best of luck the rest of the way.

Agreed. I see about 6 or 7 corps with a legitimate shot at winning that division.

Bleu Knights just finished an amazing semi-finals run through! I can't explain how I felt after those members performed. This morning, the caption heads and technicians had the kids ready to perform. There were a lot of emotions as we were coming closer to the performance time; but once we hit the field, we were making history again. All sections were solid, and they truly have made a name for this organization.

We have had an amazing experience this summer on and off the field, so no matter what happens tonight, we know we have given our best out there. If the judges didn't see what we were doing these past few days, it's only their loss.

Can we say "Regional Division I" next season?--I don't know... new direction next year... (more to come on that later).. I can say this, we already have a lot of potential members for next season... The e-mails, audition sign ups and coordinating has started... Watch out for this one next season--Mark my words.

-------------------------------------------------------

Emerald Regime Cadets had a safe semi-finals performance. Usually when we have "safe" performances, our scores tend to rise, so hopefully that is the case. This group has definitely come a long way in such a short amount of time, and I felt their opening and closing statements held together well. That alone is worth something. They had a few tempo tears in the beginning of the closer, but it was so minor that I don't think it got upstairs.

You know, the more I think about it, this was more than a safe performance--I think we have been harder on this corps over the season. We picked a "world class show" with such a young group, but they are performing this, as if they were their big brother--Emerald Regime. Hopefully this young unit, will follow in the same path as their big brother--it sure looks like they are doing it.

We have had a roller coaster ride this season, but regardless of what happens tonight, we can definitely say this season was a great one.

-----------------------------------------------------

Cascade Christian has been in the thick of things this season, and it is no surprise... They dropped down to Division II so they could be competitive, but when I look at this season, they probably would have been just as competitive in Division I. They sure have remained strong, and have kept their winning ways. This semi-finals performance was well received by the audience, and apparently the judges. We got our tapes back, and we heard a lot of great comments.

E-mails have already started flooding in... "When is the first camp!?"

What ever happens tonight, this group has definitely out performed any Cascade Christian (Silver Knights) corps to date--even if they are Division II.

----------------------------------------------------

We are now awaiting Semi-Finals results, as the last few corps perform.

Depending on how things go...

Bleu Knights will more than likely perform in Division II Finals (this is their first season getting this far, and it would be a slap in the face to just go do Division I Prelims)--There is talk of them going Division I next year, so it might be nice to let them test the grass now.

Cascade Christian (Undecided at this point)

Emerald Regime Cadets (undecided at this point)

I'm currently looking into putting Enigma or The Parliament into Div I prelims. Both corps have had fantastic seasons with The Paliament traveling all around the globe. Enigma has been a regional touring corps this season but has put up some solid numbers despite lossing members to Menagerie a few weeks back.

I think one corps will make the move I just have yet to decide which one should move up.

After their last run-through today, Overdrive members and staff held a sit-down meeting with the director to discuss their plans for next season. The director, Richard S. Foyt, announced that beginning next season, Overdrive would be competing as a division 1 regional corps. He then put it to the members to choose whether they wanted to participate in division 1 prelims, or compete for the D2 title. Unanimously, the members voted to STAY and compete for the division 2 championship.