DCP-I Finals week discussion

After their last run-through today, Overdrive members and staff held a sit-down meeting with the director to discuss their plans for next season. The director, Richard S. Foyt, announced that beginning next season, Overdrive would be competing as a division 1 regional corps. He then put it to the members to choose whether they wanted to participate in division 1 prelims, or compete for the D2 title. Unanimously, the members voted to STAY and compete for the division 2 championship.

If my proposal goes as planned, Division II/III corps will no longer be able to compete in Division I prelims next season. It's great that they can be as competitive with Division I, but many Division I directors have complained (not just me) about this.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have my hands on my head, I am breathing hard, and really anticipating the results! I've got every emotion going through my body right now, and I am just nervous! The kids are getting their pictures taken at the booth, and the announcer has not said anything score related!

Actually, I think he forgot to turn the PA on :P

Imperial Sound had a few last minute emergencies, but the kids cleared their heads and put on an amazing performance. :)

I just hope that it was good enough for the judges. They're so fickle anymore. :P

We're all ready to put on an amazing finals performance. I just hope the announcer doesn't take as long as usual with the scores. It was fine for the other venues, but people payed a lot of money to see and hear the sights and sounds of DCP-I.

All-in-all, you can clearly feel the tension. My good friend, Bill Cook stopped by to see the show and watch us warm-up. He loves the fact we're still on Gs.

:laugh:

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

We're all ready to put on an amazing finals performance.

:silly:

They've announced quarterfinalist, and semifinalist?? Where have I been?? You may be waiting a while for that finals performance... Some directors are having their D2 corps compete in prelims!

They've announced quarterfinalist, and semifinalist?? Where have I been?? You may be waiting a while for that finals performance... Some directors are having their D2 corps compete in prelims!

No, I was just being cocky.

Last time I checked, you werent in a position to be cocky! ^0^ (no pun intended)

Neither will you be in, after I burn you.

:sshh: