At Auction: Cadets Memorabilia

cameronscott

Hey Cameron ...

I'll pay .09 cents!!!

But only if you tell the truth about why you were asked to not return to the corps this summer.

By the way, I am not going to respond past this ...

Let's just let it be known this is not about me, about philosophy, or anything else.

This is about inappropriate behavior and commentary and yes, it was felt that it may be best for you to NOT be with the Cadets.

Be it an employee, a member or a volunteer, the Cadets' organization does have high expectations. We talked once ... we decided to continue ... but then you continued the bahavior.

I tried. Many were surprised how much patience I showed.

I am surprised DCP allows you to continue with this but that is another story I guess.

I wish you the best.

Why do you insist on striking back.

You send me cruel e mails privately, and now this?

Why not move on?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:music: Edited by Periphery

Um... I do not wish for this thread to devolve into ad hominem attacks.

I have never attacked Mr. Hopkins publicly, and never will.

I only wish to find a good home for the memorabilia I have.

Please continue with your bids. :)

Hey Cameron ...

I'll pay .09 cents!!!

But only if you tell the truth about why you were asked to not return to the corps this summer.

By the way, I am not going to respond past this ...

Let's just let it be known this is not about me, about philosophy, or anything else.

This is about inappropriate behavior and commentary and yes, it was felt that it may be best for you to NOT be with the Cadets.

Be it an employee, a member or a volunteer, the Cadets' organization does have high expectations. We talked once ... we decided to continue ... but then you continued the bahavior.

I tried. Many were surprised how much patience I showed.

I am surprised DCP allows you to continue with this but that is another story I guess.

I wish you the best.

Why do you insist on striking back.

You send me cruel e mails privately, and now this?

Why not move on?

Is there a minimum bid,if so, I'll bid $.01

Hey, that was my bid!

:P

sorry,maybe he'll take some coupons

Soon he will have to pay someone to take his stuff.

:rock:

In the past, I have avoided the temptation to air grievances in forums such as this, and will continue to do so.

However, since Mr. Hopkins has chosen for whatever reason to do a drive-by on me in this very public forum, I ask the indulgence of the DCP administration in allowing me to clarify this matter.

My desire to get rid of anything Cadets is, in fact, an effort to "move on." Advertising it here is not "striking back" as much as it is expressing my pain, and is indeed “not about [George], philosophy or anything else.” The fact that I collected these items at all speaks volumes about my fondness for The Cadets.

There is no doubt that I have been aggressive in my criticism of George, but any gripes I have had went straight to his email inbox. On a few occasions, I believed I went over the line, so I apologized for my approach, but never for the message. And even though we had reached some kind of agreement so that we could continue, I never vowed to march in lockstep with any of his practices-- only that I would be nicer when I disagreed if I couldn’t keep it to myself. :)

Well, it didn’t turn out that way, and I lost my perspective on a couple of subsequent occasions. (I have high expectations, too.)

I suppose one could consider my observations to him "cruel," but I've always felt that cruelty applied more to children, dogs and defenseless people-- not to powerful men who take it upon themselves to direct the very lives of others. If the suggestion to such a man that he practice what he preaches is cruelty, then I'm certainly guilty of that.

My comments to George were the reason given for my being released. If there is another reason (which is suggested in his above comment,) I'm not aware of it, and frankly, I resent the intimation that there was something more sinister there.

During my tenure as a volunteer for The Cadets, I strived to exceed the very high expectations The Cadets are known for, and it was never suggested that I had been involved in any kind of "inappropriate behavior." In fact, following the drum-corps season, I was asked to assume the responsibility of Show Coordinator at a USSBA competition, which I was happy to do. So, I don't know what "behavior" he's talking about, other than my non-stop criticism of his methods.

Thank you for allowing me this rebuttal.

Boy....this thread is a mess!! :blink: