Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Hi, everybody! I hope that preperations for 2006 are coming along wonderfully.

First off, I have never been in Marching Band or Drum Corps before. I plan to join Carolina Gold in 2007. I am currently learning the trumpet from NC Symhony trumpet player, Don Eagle. I see some light at the end of the tunnel. My husband played the trumpet in his Highschool Marching Band. He's told me a lot, but I'd like a whole lot more feedback, advice, constructive criticism, you name it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck,

Elizabeth

Edited by Eaglesong

First off, I have never been in Marching Band or Drum Corps before. I plan to join Carolina Gold in 2007. I am currently learning the trumpet from NC Symhony trumpet player, Don Eagle. I see some light at the end of the tunnel. My husband played the trumpet in his Highschool Marching Band. He's told me a lot, but I'd like a whole lot more feedback, advice, constructive criticism, you name it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck,

Elizabeth

Welcome Elizabeth!

I'm sure you can find answers to any questions here, enjoy your stay. :)

Elizabeth,

Welcome to our addictive mini-society of drum corps, our wonderful corpsdom!!! You are making the right initial steps with trumpet lessons, planning to join Carolina Gold and talking to your husband et al. for their input. Carolina Gold in 2007 sounds wonderful. I'd suggest that you hang with them this year, too, even if you don't plan to march yet.

Also, check dcacorps.org for more all-age corps info, especially contests you might like to attend. I'm not trying to get you into any corps other than Carolina Gold. I'm only suggesting you learn all you can about the activity. You might visit dci.org to see how those 21 and under spend their summers. Go to drumcorpsworld.com and subscribe to the newspaper.

All of us would invite you and your husband to plan on a fantastic Labor Day weekend experience in Rochester, NY, at the Drum Corps Associates Championships (all-age corps) and the Drum Corps International Championships in August in Madison, WI (juniors). There are many contests and shows to choose from, mostly in the summer.

Welcome aboard, Cozy

Welcome Elizabeth.

Good luck and enjoy. I've met some of the Gold people and marched with one of their members "way back when". Seem like a good crew to start your time in Drum Corps.

I didn't know anything about DC until this year- eventhough I marched in highschool. This is my first year marching with Music City Legend in Nashville and I am sooo excited about it. Hope to see you next summer, and I hope you get as addicted to this activity as I am! Welcome aboard!

5.gif

Welcome to DCP!! If I (or any of us) can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact us! :D

Elizabeth,

WELCOME to Drum Corps Planet! We're awfully glad you found us on the web ... and thrilled to welcome you to the drum corps community. There are few places where such a LARGE group of people are SO passionate about what they're involved in - while being so diverse in their ages, locales, skill-levels, education, and backgrounds. Perhaps it is because of the incredible experiences people have in this activity.

I'm confident that within our pages on Drum Corps Planet, you'll be able to find answers to most of your questions about drum crops and will have the opportunity to develop friendships that can last a lifetime.

Best of luck with the trumpet lessons ... and we'll look for you on the field next year with Carolina Gold!

Best regards,

-john

Good luck,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

Welcome to our addictive mini-society of drum corps, our wonderful corpsdom!!! You are making the right initial steps with trumpet lessons, planning to join Carolina Gold and talking to your husband et al. for their input. Carolina Gold in 2007 sounds wonderful. I'd suggest that you hang with them this year, too, even if you don't plan to march yet.

Also, check dcacorps.org for more all-age corps info, especially contests you might like to attend. I'm not trying to get you into any corps other than Carolina Gold. I'm only suggesting you learn all you can about the activity. You might visit dci.org to see how those 21 and under spend their summers. Go to drumcorpsworld.com and subscribe to the newspaper.

All of us would invite you and your husband to plan on a fantastic Labor Day weekend experience in Rochester, NY, at the Drum Corps Associates Championships (all-age corps) and the Drum Corps International Championships in August in Madison, WI (juniors). There are many contests and shows to choose from, mostly in the summer.

Welcome aboard, Cozy

Hi, Cozy! (Interesting screen name. I hope to have that kind of ease with my playing, soon.) Why'd you have to tell me all that? I feel like I'm before a table with all my favorite foods, and can only pick a few of them (Finances unfortunately play a factor.) I'll do all I can. I am already suscribed to Carolina Gold's newsletter. I also watched last years and plan on this year's Capital City Band Expo. at Sanderson Highschool in Raleigh. (Morally, I was thankful for being Homeschooled, but it butchered some of my musical opputunities!) Anyway, it's late. I need to practice some in the morning before work.

Be thinking of me: my first performance in front of a large audience is Friday, for my Church's Talent Night. I am playing, "Trumpet Voluntary".

Thanks and good luck,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth - welcome to DCP - those of us who have loved music, drum corps, and also have several shortcomings/faults are happy to have you here - please feel free to post whatever is on your mind - and ALWAYS feel part of this family - it's a close-knit group of drum corps fanatics spanning 50 years of the activity - and EVERYONE has SOMETHING important to contribute to make the activity better!