"Crossmen Alumni Corps"!

COME BE A PART OF THE "HERITAGE" THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME......AND JOIN THE ALUMNI OF A CORPS THAT IS STILL GOING STRONG AFTER 30 YEARS!!!

So, what has been the secret of the Crossmen's strength?! It is the "Unity" of the hearts, minds & spirits of all those who have come together to form the "Crossmen Family".....and the simple faith & knowledge that when a group of people come together to work towards a common goal, and give it everything they have, there is nothing that is impossible to them!

HELP US CELEBRATE THE "UNITY OF BONES"........

A group of Crossmen Alumni have formed an Advisory Board of Directors and are in the process of re-organizing a "Crossmen Alumni Corps"! The Corps will be open to both Alumni of the Crossmen, and also anyone who is interested in becoming a part of the incredible "Heritage of Crossmen"!

If you are interested in becoming part of the Crossmen Alumni Corps, please visit our official Website at: http://XMENALUMNI.FREEWEBPAGE.ORG/ to be placed on our mailing list!

The Board of Directors are:

Brenda Kurtz, Alumni of Crossmen 1989 - 1990, was also a member of Florida Wave 1986 - 1988, a founding member of Classic Senior D & B Corps1991, founding member and Board of Directors for Music City Legend 2004, Board of Directors for G-Force 2006, and has been a Brass & Marching Tech for Dixie Heights High School in Edgewood, KY, as well as a private Trumpet Instructor for Pompano Beach Middle School in Pompano Beach, FL.

John Kauffman, Alumni of Crossmen 1980 - 1981, was also a member of Tyrone Guards 1977 - 1979, a member of Archer Epler 1981, founding member of G Force D & B Corps in 2004, Brass Tech for Bedford High School in Bedford, PA, as well as a NJA Judge for TIA/TOB.

Lateef Bradley, Alumni of Crossmen 1987 - 1992, was also a member of Conneticut Hurricanes 1997, and has been a Brass, Percussion & Marching Tech for Pleasantville High School in Pleasantville, NJ, Egg Harbor Township High School in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, Fitch High School in Groton, CT, as well as East Lime High School in East Lime, CT.

SSgt Jamie Bennett - Alumni of Crossmen 1992 - 1994, Drum Major in 1994, and has been a member of the prestigious United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps since 1997, Brass & Percussion Tech for Yankee Rebels in 2004, Judge for USSBA, and a member of the 2006 Hawthorne Caballeros.

Dave Edelmann - 507 Hornets 1971 - 1974, was also a member of the Junior Sunrisers 1966 - 1969, a member of the Golden Eagles 1969 - 1970, PAL in 1971, the Philadelphia Ridgemen Winter Guard 1973 - 1974, and a member of the Reilly Raiders in 2005 & 2006.

And, serving in an Advisory Position to the Board is:

George Headley, Alumni of Crossmen 1981 - 1983, and Crossmen Brass Staff 1984 - 1985.

Our goal is to create an Alumni Corps that will not only provide an outlet for Alumni and others to be joined in the "Unity of Bones", but also to give back to the Corps where it all started for us....the Crossmen Junior D & B Corps! We will endeavor to do this, not only by serving as a source of support & inspiration for them, but also, by becoming a source of financial support, as well.

The Corps will be based in the greater Philly area, and is a completely "independent effort", as we are not affiliated with YEA.

Right now we are working to build a strong foundation for the Corps, with tentative plans to start rehearsals in the Fall, or early 2007, and are looking for help in ALL AREAS.....ie members, instructors, arrangers, volunteers, administrative & support staff, as well as looking to add a few more Board Members!

Please go to our official Website at: http://XMENALUMNI.FREEWEBPAGE.ORG/ and check back frequently for updates, news and additional information.

Edited by Danielle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Crossman Jr corps???

No one ever told me. :P :P :P :P :P :P

There is a Crossman Jr corps???

No one ever told me. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Alright, Rebel Man.....it's time to get with the program....LOL!!!!

COME BE A PART OF THE “HERITAGE” THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME......AND JOIN THE ALUMNI OF A CORPS THAT IS STILL GOING STRONG AFTER 30 YEARS!!!

So, what has been the secret of the Crossmen’s strength?! It is the “Unity” of the hearts, minds & spirits of all those who have come together to form the “Crossmen Family”.....and the simple faith & knowledge that when a group of people come together to work towards a common goal, and give it everything they have, there is nothing that is impossible to them!

HELP US CELEBRATE THE “UNITY OF BONES”........

A group of Crossmen Alumni have formed an Advisory Board of Directors and are in the process of re-organizing a “Crossmen Alumni Corps”! The Corps will be open to both Alumni of the Crossmen, and also anyone who is interested in becoming a part of the incredible “Heritage of Crossmen”!

The Board of Directors are:

Brenda Kurtz, Alumni of Crossmen 1989 - 1990, was also a member of Florida Wave 1986 - 1988, a founding member of Classic Senior D & B Corps1991, founding member and Board of Directors for Music City Legend 2004, Board of Directors for G-Force 2006, and has been a Brass & Marching Tech for Dixie Heights High School in Edgewood, KY, as well as a private Trumpet Instructor for Pompano Beach Middle School in Pompano Beach, FL.

John Kauffman, Alumni of Crossmen 1980 - 1981, was also a member of Tyrone Guards 1977 - 1979, a member of Archer Epler 1981, founding member of G Force D & B Corps in 2004, Brass Tech for Bedford High School in Bedford, PA, as well as a NJA Judge for TIA/TOB.

Lateef Bradley, Alumni of Crossmen 1987 - 1992, was also a member of Conneticut Hurricanes 1997, and has been a Brass, Percussion & Marching Tech for Pleasantville High School in Pleasantville, NJ, Egg Harbor Township High School in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, Fitch High School in Groton, CT, as well as East Lime High School in East Lime, CT.

And, serving in an Advisory Position to the Board is:

George Headley, Alumni of Crossmen 1981 - 1983, and Crossmen Brass Staff 1984 - 1985.

Our goal is to create an Alumni Corps that will not only provide an outlet for Alumni and others to be joined in the “Unity of Bones”, but also to give back to the Corps where it all started for us....the Crossmen Junior D & B Corps! We will endeavor to do this, not only by serving as a source of support & inspiration for them, but also, by becoming a source of financial support, as well.

The Corps will be based in the greater Philly area, with a rehearsal schedule that is much less demanding than most Corps, so that as many people as possible can be involved. Right now we are working to build a strong foundation for the Corps, with tentative plans to start rehearsals this Fall, or early 2007.

In addition, the Crossmen Alumni Association will be holding it’s Annual Scholarship Event, the “Beef & Beer” on Sat, April 22, 2006 at 7 PM! Why not come out and get a head start at “re-connecting” with the people you marched with, or get to know some of the “Crossmen Family” for the first time....and help us celebrate the “Bones Heritage”!!! This event will be held at the West Chester VFW Post #106, 837 Lincoln Ave, West Chester, PA. There will be beef & pasta dishes, beer, soft drinks, a cash bar, door prizes, raffles, memorabilia, as well as music & videos of the Crossmen throughout it’s 30 years of DCI competition. Tickets to this event can be purchased in advance for $25, or $30 at the door. Advance payments must be received by April 13, and can be mailed to:

Crossmen Alumni Association

P.O. Box 507

Exton, PA 19351

We are now in the process of gauging interest in the Corps, and are looking for help in ALL AREAS.....ie members, instructors, arrangers, volunteers, administrative & support staff, as well as looking to add a few more Board Members!

If you are interested in becoming part of the “Crossmen Alumni Corps”, please visit our official Website at: HTTP://CADB.FREEWEBPAGE.ORG/ to be placed on our mailing list!

Good Luck Brenda. This is something I know alot of people have been waiting for. And Valeri says Hi!!!

I wish Brenda the best of luck. If you get it off the ground shoot me an email, and if I have the time, I'll sit in.. :)

Give my contra a taste of Crossmen!

WRONG ZIP CODE POSTED

CA Corps Team,

In one of your posts... the zip code for Exton, PA is incorrect (it says 19351). It should be 19341. You might want to tell DCP to change this otherwise folks might send their checks for the beef & beer to Lewisville, PA.

Correct address is:

PO Box 507

Exton, PA 19341

WRONG ZIP CODE POSTED

CA Corps Team,

In one of your posts... the zip code for Exton, PA is incorrect (it says 19351). It should be 19341. You might want to tell DCP to change this otherwise folks might send their checks for the beef & beer to Lewisville, PA.

Correct address is:

PO Box 507

Exton, PA 19341

You must have seen this before the correction was made, as it has already been changed. Please see the PO Box section again.

Good Luck Brenda. This is something I know alot of people have been waiting for. And Valeri says Hi!!!

Hello, Josh! Thanks for your support! I am looking forward to seeing Cabs perform this Summer!

Tell Val that I say "Hi" also! Would love to have you guys join us when we get started!!

Take Care & Best Wishes for a "Great 2006 Season"!!!

I wish Brenda the best of luck. If you get it off the ground shoot me an email, and if I have the time, I'll sit in.. :)

Give my contra a taste of Crossmen!

Thanks for your support & we would love to have you with us!

Until then...."Best Wishes for a Great 2006 Season"!!!