What Has Happened to Premier Drums?

incognito

Personally, for me, when I was in the market for a marching snare for myself, I chose Premier (circa 1992). The sound was superior to anything else. The Premier has 16 guts compared to 12 on most other snares. Also, the guts were Prince Topspin tennis string, which has a better resonance to it than anything else I've heard (at least yet). At one point, I regutted a Pearl snare I was marching with in senior corps with Prince Topspin and it immediately sounded better.

Now, whether the Premier is a good choice to withstand the beatings of a summer-long tour is another question entirely.

Edited by atlvalet

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have collected 9 HTS snares to start a low budget parade line. Premier's website has been promising to load parts diagrams for months....hasn't happened yet.

I emailed them asking how/where to get parts.....their response was fast but they didn't answer the question. A repeat question got NO RESPONSE. I emailed the USA rep......no response. I asked about buying a new WHOLE DRUMLINE....no response.

Parts are hard to come by, and customer service is NON EXISTENT. If you buy new Premiers you are wasting your time. Just checking parts availability and service for other companies, go with anyone else....just not Premier.

Oh yea.....the only 14 inch snare on the market that standard marching heads don't fit, you have to buy a special "premier friendly" head from remo.......ugh.

I have collected 9 HTS snares to start a low budget parade line. Premier's website has been promising to load parts diagrams for months....hasn't happened yet.

I emailed them asking how/where to get parts.....their response was fast but they didn't answer the question. A repeat question got NO RESPONSE. I emailed the USA rep......no response. I asked about buying a new WHOLE DRUMLINE....no response.

Parts are hard to come by, and customer service is NON EXISTENT. If you buy new Premiers you are wasting your time. Just checking parts availability and service for other companies, go with anyone else....just not Premier.

Oh yea.....the only 14 inch snare on the market that standard marching heads don't fit, you have to buy a special "premier friendly" head from remo.......ugh.

when did you try to contact them? i sent an email to the info address on their site looking for a part on the 29th and i received a response that they were closed for the holidays from the 24th until the 2nd. I haven't received a response yet, but i would assume they have a lot of emails to work through if they were closed that long...

as far as the heads are concerned, from what i understand that was a problem with their older versions and it is no longer an issue. The only problem i've ever had with them was occasionally having one get stuck because it was too tight. I rarely have had any problems getting the heads to go on.

Premier is still the big thing in the Pipe Band snare drum circuit.........

Got an email from USA rep today with diagram Premier UK said they didn't have. Old parts no longer in stock, made a few suggestions. Emailed Premier UK early Dec, they repsonded in 24 hours but didn't answer any questions. Follow up email was ignored......it's been weeks.

Website still doesn't have "spares" listed, and that section is "under construction" for months if not years.

A google for parts for yamaha/pearl/dynasty is no sweat. Not these guys.