Soccer Field to Marching(Football) Field

For a mellophone sectional once, we used masking tape on a grass field. Lines were crooked, too thin to see from a few yards away, and tore off and stuck to our feet if we caught them the wrong way going over a yard line.

But, Mike did learn all the drill he'd missed from the previous camp, and the large ball of tape that we presented to our caption head made for a great visual aide in our story.

I will not comment..I will not comment..Okay, I can't help it: The masking tape crossed my mind but was quickly dismissed. You've proved the reason.

Oh, to show you how much I've gotten into Drum Corps, Friday, my boss told me that he hopes I find the "golden" egg for Easter. I replied, "Oh, I already have!!" I let ya'll figure that one out. Saturday, I worked at Starbuck's with Danielle, who's a Color Guard member at Sanderson. Our poor shift manager actually said, "Okay, it's great that you made the "band" but make sure you're working while you talk." Oh, and the battle begins-"Who's the best? Brassline, Drumline, or Color Guard?" Hands down, the Brassline!!! Ya'll should know that. Okay, I'll be nice now.

Happy Easter!!!

I will not comment..I will not comment..Okay, I can't help it: The masking tape crossed my mind but was quickly dismissed. You've proved the reason.

On the other hand, if we'd used wider tape on blacktop, we may have had better results.

I'd still advise just finding an open high school field that's already lined. Or sometime colleges will have something somewhere, too.

Just a side note- I have used white duct tape to mark out a complete competition field. What a chore! The tape tends to stretch as you pull it off the roll, so you have to let it 'relax' before you 'walk it down' to make it stick. The finished product IS very nice, if time consuming. (It was on a field where paint wasn't allowed, due to a scheduled sporting event right after the corps contest. The lines come off a lot quicker than they go on!) B)

You might want to see if there is a school in your area whose band practices in the school parking lot. I have one in my area that I play to use. The area is already marked off.

...the large ball of tape that we presented to our caption head made for a great visual aide in our story.

As I recall, we also used the ball of tape to throw at people and kick mini-field goals :D

As I recall, we also used the ball of tape to throw at people and kick mini-field goals :D

No! No matter where I go, family, friends, work, Drum Corps, they're all crazy!! (Meant affectionately.) So long as you don't start a game during competitions, we're fine. Throwing things at people is off limits, do I make myself clear? Well, you can throw a great program at one another, but that's a given, right?

BTW, I found a mini football field-half the size-on the baseball field at Rotery Park in N. Raleigh today. It provided just the space I needed for the drill I'm working on. I could have stayed out there for hours, but "I have to be home before supper-time." (Don't ya adore in-laws?)

:sshh: I can't seem to find a photo of that ball on my computer. Maybe I can find the video footage and get a still shot...

It's pretty bad when that type of stuff seems normal. but i'm not one to really talk. concidering my rookie year me a and afew other rookies who all went to the same highschool(our band direcotr basicly informed us we were to show up at practice that weekend. since he was the brass instructor) got the coffee pot with some old gringing still in it(the hornline practiced in "the sistuation room" yep that was really the name. but it was used by the local cops) and someone had a bottle of mountian dew. and we poured some of it into the pot and turning it on. and we all drank some. nastiest stuff ever. so it came out as brew the dew.

It's pretty bad when that type of stuff seems normal. but i'm not one to really talk. concidering my rookie year me a and afew other rookies who all went to the same highschool(our band direcotr basicly informed us we were to show up at practice that weekend. since he was the brass instructor) got the coffee pot with some old gringing still in it(the hornline practiced in "the sistuation room" yep that was really the name. but it was used by the local cops) and someone had a bottle of mountian dew. and we poured some of it into the pot and turning it on. and we all drank some. nastiest stuff ever. so it came out as brew the dew.

Eww...Just because it has caffiene in it doesn't mean that you can brew it as coffee. (I work at Starbuck's. I know these things.)

Well, as far as the field problem, I'm just going to have to bury my fear of getting thrown out and find a place to practice every day, even if for a little while. I'm missing the next rehearsal because of a previous commitment-I'm songleader for our Church's Ladies Retreat at the beach-, so every spare moment has to be used. With the amount of rehearsal time I have to catch up on, for me, June is only a couple weeks away. Not that I'm complaining....The more I memorize the music, the more it carries me exactly to my spots. I LOVE CAROLINA GOLD!!! I can't wait for the competitions to start!!

Your's in Corps,

Eww...Just because it has caffiene in it doesn't mean that you can brew it as coffee. (I work at Starbuck's. I know these things.)

the group of us that did it were bored because we were on lunch break. and for some reason had all been together the night before(we were all friends from the same high school) and we got it in our heads it woudl be a good idea. it came out a lighter shade of yellow, it was hot and nasty and to this day 6 years later i can still taste it from time to time. i will never do it again.

but it did go down in Mon Valley Express lure along with my defective uniform pants with a lime green shirt under a black uniform.(i made the new that night and the next day, and my friends made sure to tell me they saw me in my black uniform with the lime green shirt poking out. i love when the news covers parades.)