Drum Corps on Scranton TV

Monday April 17th DCA was mentioned on WNEP TV 16's broadcast. The story was about how DCA would not be returning to Scranton this year. Local retailers and hotel owners are throwing a fit because this was one of the most lucaraitive weekends of the year for most businesses in the area. Northeast Pennsylvania is going to lose over two million dollars of revenue. People are displeased to say the least and heads are gonna roll over this one.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Moosic Police department!

it wasn't just the brown shirts.

DCA had outgrown Scranton's capacity from a hotel and rehearsal hosting site standpoint. Unless they build more hotels close by and grow about 10 new football fields, really odds aren't in their favor for a while.

Monday April 17th DCA was mentioned on WNEP TV 16's broadcast. The story was about how DCA would not be returning to Scranton this year. Local retailers and hotel owners are throwing a fit because this was one of the most lucaraitive weekends of the year for most businesses in the area. Northeast Pennsylvania is going to lose over two million dollars of revenue. People are displeased to say the least and heads are gonna roll over this one.

BOO FREAKIN HOO!

I could care less about the community of Scranton.IF they liked us better,,they should have treated us better.Jack boot thugs for cops.Facility directors acting like Gustopo.NO Exit passes on tickets.

What a Crock.

HELLO ROCHESTER.

Well, of course they're gonna lose money. I agree with some of the other posters that there need to be more hotels and practice facilities. Depending on where you stayed for DCA's you had the Italian Food Festival. These might be the people you hear the most. A lot of the fans of the corps would go to the festival during the day then go to the show at night. This is just part of the DCA expansion and not everyone is going to like it.

As members of the corps, we like it because we're broadening our activity and expanding across the country, and we need bigger and better places to have our venues at.

As for those people that don't like it, well, they can just start writing to whomever they need to, to get more hotels and facilities to keep the activity there. This just doesn't go for Scranton, this is anywhere.

Not to mention it must be slow in news for DCA to make it on tv... Did they even have any coverage when we were there for finals?

Edited by ErieSopMike

Not to mention it must be slow in news for DCA to make it on tv... Did they even have any coverage when we were there for finals?

yes they did.

for those of you who slept in in the mornings you'd have missed it. i'm assuming that stuff was on the nighttime news as well but i was always out then.

While I am not sad about not returning to Scranton, I would say that, overall, Cv has not had an issue in Scranton by far. Our Hotel has always been polite and welcomed us back. (thank you Econolodge) The Mark 2 was a phat place to grub! (except when they dont have corn) The beer distrubutor down the road was even a nice place. as for rehersals........ The park was always cool. And guess what folks....... they even held a cross country race one year WHILE WE WERE REHERSING. Last year had to best the best place yet. We rehersed on a new turf field. The band director even moved his band camp to another part of the campus while we practiced. So all in all...... I harbor no ill will to the the city of Scranton.

PS: If any of you know any of the Seniors from the Scranton Jesuit School, just let them know that two CV'ers KNOW what happened in the Burlington Hotel Bar in Dublin Ireland last Friday night!!!! I'll give you a hint: Jesuit Kid's + Scottish Bachelor Party+ drinking age low= ENTERTAINMENT..........

^0^