Drum Corps on Scranton TV

you're the one who used the word "abuse". i didn't put that in your mouth at all.

i am just wondering what is the purpose of keeping them on their toes if we have no intention of returning their for finals any time soon until they build more hotels, etc.? if all we are doing is returning for a regular season show none of that is needed.

Ok,I can see where you got that now.Perhaps I should have used ABUSED!

I don't know about you but Scranton kind of ###### in my pond.First year it was the passes out ordeal and the brownshirts,,then last year it was the front office telling us where to sit then finding out later the people in the front office who were directing the whole thing didnt know what the heck they were talking about.

Perhaps if nothing else will can work to keep the next organization that goes to Scranton from having to suffer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scranton sucked.

And now it's gone. Let the dead horse rot and let's embrace ROCHESTER!!!!!

I still can't contain my euphoria over DCA being ANYWHERE but SCRANTON. I certainly hope Rochester is as fun as I'm making it it my mind simply for the fact it ain't Scranton LOL

Scranton sucked.

And now it's gone. Let the dead horse rot and let's embrace ROCHESTER!!!!!

I still can't contain my euphoria over DCA being ANYWHERE but SCRANTON. I certainly hope Rochester is as fun as I'm making it it my mind simply for the fact it ain't Scranton LOL

Rich,

If the crowd is ANYthing like the last time in Rochester, I can say you'll be wondering, "Scranton, where?" The venue looks great (although, who knows about parking). The place should be packed, and, with no track, all of us performers will be up-close and personal with the audience.

Sure, Rochester is more industrial than Scranton, but the food is better. The city is more drum-corps friendly, and I sincerely believe that the Rhinos and the local governments will be extremely hospitable.

One thing to remember is we'll be helping to break-in the place, so I like to think that we'll help set the tone for the outside groups that follow in our wake. The Rhinos will want to show off the field to its best advantage.

I, for one, don't think that your wish is pie-in-the-sky. I can't wait to perform there. Too bad we Statesmen have to wait like everyone else.

Talk about putting words in someones mouth. :worthy:

Never said ANYTHING to the effect.

Im saying keep Scranton on thier toes.

why? what does it serve? dealing with Scranton for a 6-8 corps show is totally different than finals weekend, and, IMO, the regular season show has NONE of the issues Finals have had.

look, this show is one of the longest running DCA shows out there. it's also the show in the city where DCA was born. I think they know they ####ed up by now with finals gone, letters to the editor, etc, so what does rubbing it in their nose accomplish?

now, to a place like Hershey, with the whole HERCO/Five Star issue last year, sure, remind em daily...not like they will take us back. Hershey is like the Bush administration...#### em off, you;re ####ed forever.

Rich,

If the crowd is ANYthing like the last time in Rochester, I can say you'll be wondering, "Scranton, where?" The venue looks great (although, who knows about parking). The place should be packed, and, with no track, all of us performers will be up-close and personal with the audience.

Sure, Rochester is more industrial than Scranton, but the food is better. The city is more drum-corps friendly, and I sincerely believe that the Rhinos and the local governments will be extremely hospitable.

One thing to remember is we'll be helping to break-in the place, so I like to think that we'll help set the tone for the outside groups that follow in our wake. The Rhinos will want to show off the field to its best advantage.

I, for one, don't think that your wish is pie-in-the-sky. I can't wait to perform there. Too bad we Statesmen have to wait like everyone else.

how was the crowd...i couldnt see them from the end zone...err mid field :P

why? what does it serve? dealing with Scranton for a 6-8 corps show is totally different than finals weekend, and, IMO, the regular season show has NONE of the issues Finals have had.

look, this show is one of the longest running DCA shows out there. it's also the show in the city where DCA was born. I think they know they ####ed up by now with finals gone, letters to the editor, etc, so what does rubbing it in their nose accomplish?

now, to a place like Hershey, with the whole HERCO/Five Star issue last year, sure, remind em daily...not like they will take us back. Hershey is like the Bush administration...#### em off, you;re ####ed forever.

Why bother with Hershey? What purpose does it serve?

because the local fan base wants a show back. Scranton never lost one...it just changed from finals to a local show

because the local fan base wants a show back. Scranton never lost one...it just changed from finals to a local show

If the fans really want a show back, shouldn't they look for other venues?

Rich,

Right on, Dale!

I can't WAIT to check out Rochester, and break in that new stadium! Plus, as you say, Rochester is more drum corps friendly and I'm sure we're going to have a great time B)

If the fans really want a show back, shouldn't they look for other venues?

oh and theyhave. however, to run a show like Hershey was, junior-senior, which they have spoken clearly to the promoters that that was what they wanted, there is no facility around that is big enough.