Favorite Guards from WGI this year

pfp

Guest GeorgeD

Personally, I loved the Patriots (IW).  I loved everything about them, the show, the soundtrack, the drill, the work...the whole thing.  IMO, they rocked.

St. Anns

Patriots

Alter Ego

Innuendo

Blackwatch

Norwalk

Patriots (IW) made such an impact on me this year !! THey had such a presence this year....outstanding concept, excellent repetoire, and dazzling execition...Music didn't hurt them either. The members I spoke with were extremely friendly and fun to talk to. They did really well this past weekend in Dayton...Kudos to them.

St. Ann's....Awesome, best Rifle work of all the guards I saw.

Alter Ego....I love this guard every year(and Tricia too :D ) Great male/female concept this year.

St. Ann's new world....Excellent flag spinners....wow!!

Love Regime too, but miss Antoines influence !!

Geoffrey

Northern Lights (my all time fave guard)

Pride of Cincy

St Anns (Im not usually a big St Anns fan, but this year they really wowed me)

Fantasia (of course)

and of course the guard I march in (Onyx)

Best Moment: proposal at the end of (I think) Alliance's show. Apparently, it was legit...Most the members didn't even know it was gonna happen...BTW, she said yes! How amazing is that!!!!

Fantasia's show was amazing.  All of the attention to detail within their show concept was amazing (especially the costuming!), and they had those moments that just made you wanna jump up and scream (ie, the rifle's linking up with each other after each toss).  Throwing in "Erotica" at the end was a nice touch too  hahaha  

Northern Lights had a pretty cool show but i have to say i liked the old ending better (at the SoCal regional...then they changed it before the Vegas regional).  They were very clean early on in the season, which i think may have hurt them as it left little room to move up as the season progressed.

I thought that Jinx had a good show and i loved the music!  The concept of the 3's worked really well i thought.

I thought the Raiders had a very successful show this year.  And i say that because i think its difficult to take such beautiful music like that and present it in a very exciting way, and i think they definitely succeeded (had a much better effect on me than Pride of Cincy did with their similarly styled show).  

The coolest thing i saw this season was at the SoCal regional when Signature got moved up from IA to IO, they totally deserved it...what a great show!

Did anyone see the open guards?  How about Irondale HS, winning scholastic open, comming from 31st place the year before.  That show compleatly wowed me-- put me in tears.  Their treatment of Cannon in D was spectacular, so increadibly clean, especially their rifle work.  And their movement!  Just unbelievable that this is only their second year at WGI worlds.  If you missed this show, i'm really sorry for you; IMO it was the best show out there all weekend.  I really think it might even get on the "fan favorites" vol 6.  The crowd ate it up, especially the HS freshman who chucked up a 9.  and nailed it solid.

My favorite IW guard would have to be Aimachi.  I've never seen such performance from an entire guard before.  Their faces just beamed up to the stands.  And that flag work was unbalievable.  

Also: St Anns, San Jose, Black Watch, Pride... St Anns New World

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Loving the fact that NO ONE has mentioned Logan......just goes to prove that while they may have won, my opinion of them is shared by others!

Don't get me wrong, the kids worked very hard....I just did NOT like the show.

Now Fantasia and Radiers...THOSE were good shows!

Loving the fact that NO ONE has mentioned Logan......just goes to prove that while they may have won, my opinion of them is shared by others!

Don't get me wrong, the kids worked very hard....I just did NOT like the show.

Now Fantasia and Radiers...THOSE were good shows!

Well, i thought we were discussing the Independant groups, but i saw Logan twice in SoCal and LOVED their show.  It was so ######.  I loved the "get ur freak on" section (same goes for Rancho Bernardo  :D

Logan was just pure entertainment and "wow" to me.  I literally got giddy thinking that i would get to see them again the next day.  When they were announcing scores and announcing who qualified for Block/post-block the joke between my friends and i was  "And with a score of ____, qualifying for the gold medal in Dayont......JAMES LOGAN!"

Oh, and i second what you said about Fantasia and Raiders   ;)^