What are some of the fastest songs(bpm)

What are some of the fastest pieces of music you have heard performed by corps over the years?

This could be in terms of beats per minute, or notes per second. Also could include horn runs, percussion breaks, pit ensembles etc. during a piece of music.

The thing that made me wonder is after listening to the pit accelerando in the Blue Devils 2000 show for about the 1000th time. That is absolutely unbelievable, not only that one person could play that fast, but weren't there 3 or 4 people playing that in unison? I can only imagine how many notes per second those performers were playing. I remember the first time I heard that live just thinking whoa-I couldn't believe it-so fast so clean. WOWWW!!

Star of Indiana seemed to have one of the fastest brass lines, seems like their 91 show had some of the fastest runs I remember hearing over the years.

If you know of any faster runs/pieces let me know. I have the cd's back to 72 and love listening for things I may have not heard before.

I can't remember exactly, but I think our closer in 1990 was at 206 bpm+. Not too sure about 91 since I missed out on that year.

I think the end of the Star 90 show might be the fastest tempo I've seen marched. (I'm not entirely sure of the exact b/m, or whether this is actually true)

Also, I think either Cadets 1993 or Cavaliers 2001, 2003 are tops for "longest period of time with fastest tempo".

Cadets 93 also had two very fast hornline runs I remember.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I think the end of the Star 90 show might be the fastest tempo I've seen marched. (I'm not entirely sure of the exact b/m, or whether this is actually true)

I am pretty sure the music was marked 206, but sometimes we went faster. :) I loved marching that part of the show.

Comparing the Finals recordings, (and using my crappy Metro-Tuner...)

The Closing of Medea shows up between 200-208, where as the Closing of Bellshazzar's Feast is pushing past 216(which is as fast as my met goes)

Whether one of em was supposed to be faster than the other, I don't know.