What are some of the fastest songs(bpm)

wow, after seeing all this I'm kinda regretting saying Star 90 was the "fastest I've ever seen marched". I can't believe I forgot all these.

Why? The other shows mentioned were indeed impressive, but I still think Star 90 takes the cake --- end of the show, multiple "star" formations, out-of-nowhere company front, tough music. Don't feel bad for saying this :P

HA! Here I was thinking you were taking a stab at the Cadets, when you were actually doing the opposite. Forgive me, Sam!

You are so right...moving that fast, backwards in a blind set for many kids on the field, and the tone quality never suffers. Bravo! Watching the Hi-cam video amazes me...the feet just turn into a blur once that high tempo starts.

While I may #####, ####, and moan about that #### 1/10th of a point (in jest after all this time...although it WAS painful), you'll never find me backstabbing 84 Garfield....I lost to the absolute best, and I very much look forward to seeing them on the big screen tomorrow.

but couldn't their battery have come in 8th instead of 7th??? :P

Well, it hasnt been marched or even played as an ensemble yet, our closer this year is marked 200, although they vis staff say we're gonna march about 210 or so.

Lesa, I thought I heard Ashley got a little excited finals night and bumped it up to 220 bpm.

I don't know, but we were trucking. I am at the bottom point of the stars on the right side (side 2?) and taking some huge steps into the last couple of formations. She does seem to be flapping her wings pretty fast doesn't she.

Um...did Colin Powell provide that info to you?

the drumbreak paradiddle accelerando in 04.. it got up to 260bpm.. and no i'm not colin powell.. although, we were doing a flutter step at that point, where we sortof jazz ran but just basically moved our feet as fast as humanly possible

Here we go again... In each of the past fifteen thousand threads, someone mentions that part of BD 04, and then someone else comes on and says "Yeah, but they weren't all marching together so it doesn't count," and then the BD person says "It was still hard" and away we go...

Blah.

Here we go again... In each of the past fifteen thousand threads, someone mentions that part of BD 04, and then someone else comes on and says "Yeah, but they weren't all marching together so it doesn't count," and then the BD person says "It was still hard" and away we go...

Blah.

you're right brian, lets just kill this now...

if you read the title of the thread it says 'fastest songs'. an accelerando is not a song, but a part of it. therein, it is not applicable in this thread. Fin.

• 12 years later...

God ####, BD 2009 they had a good amount of marching at around 250 BPM during "I Got Rhythm." I think that's gotta be the fastest I've seen anyone march.

God ####, BD 2009 they had a good amount of marching at around 250 BPM during "I Got Rhythm." I think that's gotta be the fastest I've seen anyone march.

The PUrple lancers in 74 show started out high bpm or at least sounded like it to a first time DCI Prelim/final attendee...probably was a brisk walk :)