Male to female ratio

for those of you that have attended camps over the years, was the percentage of females that made the percussion and hornlines comparable to the percentage that actually auditioned?

The Cadets center snare in 05 was a girl (I'm pretty sure at least)

I've spotted several girls on drumline... there are a lot in the pit.

~>conner

There were quite a few girls in CR's 05 hornline. I think around 8 in the baris/euphs, around 7-8 in the trumpets, 2 (i think?) in the mellos and 0 tubas. The pit had quite a few too, I think they either outnumbered or tied the number of guys, but the battery was all male.

I dont look at the small number of girls as a bad thing, i think it's pretty neat to see one girl out of 15 guys in a line. To me, it makes me just instantly think of her as hardcore .. but thats just me .. and yeah

I would say there are very few girls in drumlines. Why? I don't know. As far as guards, I am a big fan of all female guards. Call me what you want, but I just don't like seeing guys in guard. Maybe when it really fits like the soldiers in Cadets 02, but other than that kind of thing, I just can't dig it.

The topic of the thread is about the ratio of females to males in percussion and brass sections, not how you feel about males in colorguard.

• Haha 1

Wasn't it 1994 when the Blue Devils didn't have a single female in the hornline or the battery? Talk about your unbalanced gender ratios. - LOL - That was twelve years back, of course, but still unusual for the 90s ...

Edited by Orpheus