DCA vs. DCI

A comes before I in the Alphabet?

I believe the question is something like this.

Which is better, football or baseball?

or should I say, NASCAR or WWF

:(

::grabs a cooler full of soda, sits next to USNA90 Mello and gets ready for fireworks::

I ain't touching this question with a ninety-7 yard pole....

Can someone please explain to me how DCA is better than DCI?

They only way you will get a justified answer is to attend a DCA show. I can ramble for hours on my likes and dislikes of either circuit but I'm the kinda guy who wants to get the scoop from the source and thats to be at a show and make up my own mind. I can tell you one chocolat bar is better then another, but will you just take my word for it, or will you taste them yourself and make your own choice?

Oh and most of the people your asking in this forum have seen and performed in both DCA and DCI. Not to emply that because we decided we like our time performing in DCA then DCI should make your decision an easier. I enjoyed my 10 years in Jr Corps but I'm enjoying my 20 years in Sr corps much more.

Maybe you should vist some of the DCA corps websites for a bit of history and maybe a few videos and sound bites. You can start here www.Cabs.org. WE have many videos and many mp3.

Enjoy

I think the answer is, go to a DCA show then decide for yourself. Seeing my first DCA show made me believe in drum corps again.

It's similar to the discussion about the DCI Classic Showdown where some think the old 70's and 80's corps are boring and the modern "art form" is the bee knees. While I personally can understand the talent, musicianship and skill it takes to describe the death of Medea in mezzo forte, I'd rather get my face blown back by the '72 Kingsman.

But hey, the kids were laughing at the old school and digging dancing horn lines, so it's too subjective to say which is best.

::grabs a cooler full of soda, sits next to USNA90 Mello and gets ready for fireworks::

I ain't touching this question with a ninety-7 yard pole....

hmm i think i am going to bring my cooler and join you two also. it seems safer. and tastier :laugh:

Edited by krazyivan

I believe the question is something like this.

Which is better, football or baseball?

or should I say, NASCAR or WWF

:(

WWE hands down

and btw Chuck, i wondered how long til you started one of your inane trouble invoking threads over here.

Can someone please explain to me how DCA is better than DCI?

LOL Okay Chuck Norris...original name.....They both are the same! Why? because for some people weekends are so much better because of work schedules. If you are below the age of 22 and have lots of money and want to play in a top DCI corps then that is good too.

All in all...it's ALL Good!!!

There is no "my organization's better than yours"

So Chuck did that answer your question? Or would a round house kick to your head help?

LOL

This is a valid discussion and I feel you can compare the two. It's both basically drum corps. At different levels sure but still the same and they each offer the spectator something.

It's not apples and oranges but granny smiths and red delicous. And I love granny smiths.

Looking at from the crowd stand point you can't lose with either, if you know DCI you might be disappointted with the level of exuction (sic) of DCA but still apprecaite the show. But someone off the streets would like both. The band kid I think would like both.

As a marcher and you want to tour then it's only DCI. If you want to march but can't afford the full package then it's DCA. if you're old and love to drink beer before and after a performace then its DCA or the old Bridgemen (JK a little)

So my answer would be DCA for some and DCI for others. I love both.