DCA vs. DCI

Contrary to what you may think, not everyone in DCA thinks DCI is a bad thing, or cares to bash George Hopkins.

Those are not my thoughts at all. And the Hoppy comment was purely in jest. My apologies if you took it otherwise.

I said, "bash Hoppy", not, "bash Fran".

Although it's almost as much fun.

(And he doesn't know what I look like.)

:blink:

OK.. Let's find out if Hoppy has some ugly aloha shirts..You know, the ones he plays saxophone in...(maybe you should put his face on Johnny Bravo..that would be funny!)

Besides, Fran knows what I look like too!!

:laugh:

Pat

I'd go to one show....then do "the Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show...then go to the OTHER show! b**bs

tastes great, less filling ... neither answer is right

having done both DCI and DCA I'd say neither is "better" and in fact, they're pretty much the same thing when you're standing on the field at the end of an exhilarating performance and have a few thousand people on their feet

To me it seems counter-productive to the activity to keep trying to figure out which one is better when neither truly is. Why not pull together and make bigger shows (and more shows) for all of us? Maybe I'm missing something.

I said, "bash Hoppy", not, "bash Fran".

Although it's almost as much fun.

(And he doesn't know what I look like.)

When I see George at Westminster on June 30, I'm tellin' on all of you..... :P

Fran

if you're old and love to drink beer before and after a performace then its DCA or the old Bridgemen (JK a little)

I don't know anyone in the Bridgemen that drank beer BEFORE a performance. At least not when I marched! (1977-1980). You don't place in the top six, four years in a row, by ingesting any kind of drugs, prior to a drum corps performance.

AFTER a performance was a different story, but then again, EVERYONE was guilty of that during that time span, even the national champions each year!!! (Not every member of every corps, mind you, but, I do remember seeing people from all different corps that competed, drinking beer, and having a good time, after the competitions!)

I know you said you were "just kidding, (a little)", but, please be careful of stereotyping, and making sweeping generalizations that are untrue, and unfounded. I take strong offense to your remark.

Edited by overthehillDM

When I see George at Westminster on June 30, I'm tellin' on all of you..... :P

Fran

Yeah, but I get to see George a few weeks earlier at Gettysburg.

Conversation would be something like:

Me: Hey George, how are you doing buddy?

George: (No words, just a look of "Who the #### is this and should I call security?")

:P

Contrary to what you may think, not everyone in DCA thinks DCI is a bad thing, or cares to bash George Hopkins.

or at least 1 out of 2 :P

Those are not my thoughts at all. And the Hoppy comment was purely in jest. My apologies if you took it otherwise.

however, your shots at Fran's.....fashion.....were dead on :P

by the way, all jokes aside.....this poster has a history of asking questions that start mini wars. if you ignore it, it'll all go away