Have You Lost Any Friends You Marched With......

I grew up with the aforementioned Jonathan Miller (90-93 Star). We were in DCI at the same time although we didn't march in the same corps. But we were in all school bands together from 6th grade through high school graduation.

Godspeed Jonnie.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, too many

Unfortunately, too many

On the money, Frank.

Guys who were right around my age from Sunrisers.... Dennis Plante, Tony Cataneo, George Smith, Bobby Duncan.... all of 'em gone, at way too young an age.

Also, friends from other corps. And family members who were drum corps fans: my in-laws, Fred and Lillian Mowbray.

My old corps director from the Manville Crusaders, John Latko.

Also the various DCA folks I've worked with or gotten to know better.... Mickey Petrone, Billie Jean Petrone, Bob Murray, Jim Costello, Vince Bruni, John Laskowski, among others.

I miss them all.

Fran

My best bud & seatmate Jim Waldorf, Bye old friend, :smile: & The man responsible for many life lessons & one of the greatest if not the greatest director in history of drum corp & one of DCI's founding fathers MR. JIM JONES. :smile: He is one of the reasons drum corp is so strong today, men like him is what drum corp is all about. Also MRS. JONES my corp mom was there whenever I needed something for uniforms or help with things that MR. Jones was to busy for. Thanks to you both you were an inspiration to all who knew you.

You will all be missed very much!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Troopers81

Bruno Valdez and John Johnson. Two excellent horn players. RIP

Edited by GrewvyG2

Keith Hamilton: Madison Scouts

John Brazale: Phantom Regiment

Gail Royer: Santa Clara Vanguard

Jerry Searight: Blue Devils

George Zingale: Garfield Cadets & Star of Indiana

There are so many others who I didn't know, but have truly appreciated their contributions to the art and sport of drum corps.

I can't believe I forgot Mark Glascoe of the Phantom Regiment!

I'm certain he's whooping it up in heaven right now!!! :worthy:

I knew of two...

Roger Deloza, Freelancers Soprano Soloist 1987, 1988 and 1989. One of the nicest guys you could have ever known and never had a bad word to say about anyone or any other corps. Alway there with a laugh and a wicked little smile. I know he died in the late 90's but I dont know how. Any of my former corps brothers or sisters that know anything mind PMing me with any info?

Grace Silva. Parkers wife and the "Mom" of every single Freelancer to have ever worn our uniform. Passed away the week of finals in 1992. If you look real close at the videos you will see that we all wore a black ribbon on our epaulets at Finals. We dedicated the entire week to her honor. Things were never the same after the angels came for her.

This is a very interesting thread insomuch as it has made me think about some folks who I hadn't thought about in a while. In my previous post I didn't put down any names because I could probably fill this page up. I will however mention my buddy Ray who was known as Konga in drum corps circles. We lost him Thanksgiving eve of 2007 and his loss is still felt very profoundly. He represented my longest standing friendship in drumcorps going back to 1964 when we were both in Jr. High school. At this point in my life I find myself looking back a lot and the memories of those who have passed on are a source of peace cause I know someday, we'll march together again.