Have You Lost Any Friends You Marched With......

My husband and I taught the Madison Junior Scouts when Eric was in. At the Alumni practices we asked about Eric and someone told us it was a different Eric. Anyone know for sure?

I was under the impression that Eric Knudson was in the pit?? (that's who I was thinking of).

Now I'm really confused (and the picture MaxwellNotes posted is a dead link so I can't tell who he's talking about).

Stef

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Eric Knudson was in the pit?? (that's who I was thinking of).

Now I'm really confused (and the picture MaxwellNotes posted is a dead link so I can't tell who he's talking about).

Stef

I think the Eric I'm thinking of was in the horn line (time frame 1984-ish).

You know something.................for someone approaching his 40's you should have learned by now it is low class to speak ill of the dead, especially using immature cartoon figures.

You may have a different perspective on Stanley than the rest of us, but can you at least keep your mouth shut in public if you feel the need to disrespect his memory?

That pic is in reference to ME!!!

"I'll take "reading comprehension, for the win, Alex."

Pay attention when you decide to flame someone, will you?

Edited by apoch003

I had the opportunity to perform with Frank Minear (of Minnesota Brass fame) with Bayou City BLues in 1999. Sadly he passed away in 2004.

For a young guy learning how to really play lead soprano (I was 21 at the time in '99), having an amazing player with killer range tell you that you are doing everything right was awesome.

Danny Olivera (some Freelancers have reported seeing Danny on the field, or him helping them through shows, or seeing him on the bus) :angel:

Grace Silva (wife to Parker Silva - founder of the Freelancers) :angel:

Eric Frolkey (baritone for Spirit of Sunnyvale, River City Regiment & San Francisco Renegades) In Memory of Big Daddy :angel:

Stef

Eric's brother Mike was in the pit! Eric was very cynical in the late eighties when I knew him. (I was teaching the percussion at the time)

Many names in this thread I remember... Especially Fred Sanford! Steve Weekes IS my reason for doing the alumni project, and I know his loss inspired Randy as well. I got together with Steve to watch football games in the fall, and talked about the past and how little was really documented online for others to reflect on. This made it my mission to gather as much info about the Scouts past as possible-before we loose the story-tellers!

Well done-this is great thread!!!!

I know of three. Hard to think they all passed before they were 30.

Rest in peace

Brian Lee

Jamie King

Brianna May

• 1 month later...

Both of these people have been mentioned....

Roger Deloza Soprano soloist 1988-89 and maybe 87 as well. I miss him.

Grace Silva (Wife of Parker Silva), she died right before 92 finals and I've always thought that her loss was part of the reason the corp slipped away.

Ken H.

Eric's brother Mike was in the pit! Eric was very cynical in the late eighties when I knew him. (I was teaching the percussion at the time)

Is it his brother who is the pit demon who won I&E like every year ?

and was Eric the strawberry soup soloist ?