I'm pretty worried right now...

Chuck, how dare you introduce facts, informed analysis and carefully crafted argument into this forum! Heresay and groundless accusations are much more effective.

Seriously, thanks for a thoughtful, intelligent post.

Awwwww, I dunno nothin'. I jus' cut an' paste like Mr. Gates sez. :P :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading Oil Lovers rationalize over prices, and availability, etc is like reading a junkie explain why heroin is medicine. Spoken like people sitting on the seat of empire.

It's not about affording it, or getting it, or finding it (or finding something new to burn), it's about never burning anything, anymore,anywhere-and very soon. It's about xenoestrogens in the water and dioxin in the air.

We can burn (whatever), but so will India, and China. Can you live with that?Have you been to China? Could you breathe? See 50 yards? Americans are so insular.

Combustion vs non-combustion ("fair and balanced" version) =

creation vs evolution

flat earth vs science

We rrreeeeaaalllyyyy want to believe that we are right, but that does not make it so

Reading Oil Lovers rationalize over prices, and availability, etc is like reading a junkie explain why heroin is medicine. Spoken like people sitting on the seat of empire.

It's not about affording it, or getting it, or finding it (or finding something new to burn), it's about never burning anything, anymore,anywhere-and very soon. It's about xenoestrogens in the water and dioxin in the air.

We can burn (whatever), but so will India, and China. Can you live with that?Have you been to China? Could you breathe? See 50 yards? Americans are so insular.

Combustion vs non-combustion ("fair and balanced" version) =

creation vs evolution

flat earth vs science

We rrreeeeaaalllyyyy want to believe that we are right, but that does not make it so

Now there's some "analysis" I can use.

Like I said in my preface - accusatory without proof: I'm am oil lover, I'm rationalizing, I sit on the seat of empire, I don't understand economics, I have no understanding of China's air quality, I am insular.

Nice to meet you too, rookie.

Wishing your view on the world doesn't make it so either.

We've been living with laundry list of risks since the beginning of time. I think I'll make it through the next 85 millions barrels without batting an eye.

Has anyone seen my empire?

Edited by 81regiment

Carl306, sorry that I'm quoting you, but when someone says there is a 6-to-1 ratio imbalance and it is taken at face value to explain why the world is out of sorts, I gotta stand up and call BS. I'm not attacking you - your post raised my interest in how far apart perception and reality really are, but several subsequent posts here have raised my ire for they are either 1) plain wrong, or 2) accusatory with no substantive evidence to support the claims.

I got a 99% on my paper. Obviously I didn't go into the same amount of depth as you did, but it got my point across as far as my English teacher is concerned with a 1000 word (1200 max). I'm glad you took things a step further and actually explained it all!

Im an econ prof at a University in Russia and have taught at Cornell, Rutgers and the Univ of Florida.

I lived in Israel for a year (very little arab oil going to Israel..count on that) and there is ALOT of hydrogen fuel cell being used from motorcycles to cars to busses to heating and cooling and powering an entire house. I looked into getting the same technology for my house in Florida and guess what? Its illegal to do so. If our politics/gov/business wasnt so intertwined with self interest we would be trying more alternatives. Israel uses wind/wave/thermal and many other options we simply dont try in the USA.

Several cities in Germany use fuel cell busses for public transport and fuel cell cars for their government vehicles. Its a viable, clean and cheap alternative. Thats the problem, no one has found a way to make a profit on it

When someone finds a way to make a profit on hydrogen you can bet it will catch on very quickly.

Mike, you always were in a world of your own (compliment!) and you've lived a life that proved that... you have a resume that is somewhat mind boggling...

and you left out owning your own remodeling company in Orlando.. and a fair amount of hobknobbing with the celebrity set (hollywood types and jet setters)... It's always fun whenever we compare notes and memories - I only wish it could be more often...

You have a place to stay if you're ever in the Northwest

I wish America would become enegery indepent. I just saw something on Brazil and they are about too. They use sugar cane to make E100 and they have flexfuel cars that work on both gasoline and E100. I wish America would use our source of E85 and become more indepent.

What? And those profits out of Bush and Cheney's pockets??? Not a chance.