Best 2nd Place Div 2/3 Corps

Carolina Crown 1991 - Took All Captions execpt Percussion.

But Southwind was really close in all of those captions and their drum line was the best in A/A-60 that year by far. (It was certainly a surprise as the captions and placements were read over the PA, though!)

But speaking of '91... The Mandarins got robbed. They got hit with a ticky-tacky .4 penalty for their onfield warmup at finals after never getting penalized for it all season. They placed second, .4 behind Pioneer.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they weren't 2nd place, but let's not leave out 1998 Tarheel Sun.

I agree. Third place was unjustified. At least they finished before Spartans and Patriots (1st and 2nd place Division II that year) in open prelims.

Phantom Legion 1998

Blue Stars 1999

Both should have defeated Mandarins IMO.

^0^

notorious.

Edited by bluestarsmello

I agree. Third place was unjustified. At least they finished before Spartans and Patriots (1st and 2nd place Division II that year) in open prelims.

They actually came in fourth, since ECJ and Spartans tied for first. But you're right, they did beat Spartans and Patriots at Division 1 prelims.

I completely agree about ECJ 04. I was at that show. Something that I will never forget. I remember ECJ going into their closer and thunder and lighting striking in the sky behind them. Some jerk yells over the intercom to stop the show, and the drum major just kept going! The crowd went nuts! Good stuff and a strong finish for them.

^OO^

'02 Cap Reg SHOULD have won (Magic REALLY wasn't a Div 2 corps, don't try to debate with me I won't listen to you)

Amen, brother