Who Declared for Class A?

The Govies will have 3 snares :P , and will be Class A

ok 3 snares i can take lol :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move to St. Peter, we would gladly have a 3 man line, if you could cut it.

Was that extra attempt at stabing my ego necessary? Regardless, i think we have gotten away from the point of this thread.

When I was in Govies everyone in the corps lived within about 40 miles of St. Peter. We had big weekend camps, but also shorter practices, concerts, and parades in between because everyone was close by. They are a close knit great bunch of folks that represent "Minnesota Nice" very well, and I am glad I was a part of it and get to see them at least once a year and cheer them on at Finals.

It seems that a lot of Corps have folks that fly in for practice or drive several hours (Or days) to make it to camps. Anyone can be good by pulling in talent from all over the country, but Govies are great with just the local folks that have a passion for Drum Corps. (I am not slamming the folks that travel to get to practice, instead I am in awe of your dedication and wish I did that instead of taking 8 years off because I moved away from home.)

Some people on DCP love to talk about how Corps don't represent their hometowns anymore, but everyone in the St. Peter area recognize the Govies and support them.

Small corps are great! Less $$$ for transportation, housing, food, equipment, uniforms, and easier to find places where everyone can fit inside for a party :P

i think we have gotten away from the point of this thread.

On the contrary, I think that discussing the merits of small corps fits the topic quite well.

Ya thats great, but we have 14 horns ^OO^

Oh, I forgot that Kruzer was just a "guest performer" at the showcase... Who said he could move up north, anyway?

It ain't about numbers. It's about drum corps. Anyone who counts members in a drum corps isn't getting it.

It ain't about numbers. It's about drum corps. Anyone who counts members in a drum corps isn't getting it.

QFT.

I love marching in a small drum corps - I could go drive 2 hours down the road and participate with a corps competing for the grand prize, but I choose to spend my time working with a tight-knit group that really knows how to have a great time.... and I won't forget anyone's name :P

It shouldn't be about the numbers. The little wife and I drive 3 hours each way every weekend to be part of a small corps because we love the people, love the show, and love to be a part of something that is growing. Sure, the Sunrisers are aiming to get bigger and the Govies aren't. Both are okay because that's what works for them.

So, reigning in the topic (slightly), confirmed for Class A are:

Gulf Coast Sound

Chops, Inc.

Govenaires

Shenandoah Sound

Dream

Some other possible contenders we haven't heard from yet are:

Alliance

Lakeshoremen

Music City Legend (Open Class this year?)

White Sabers (Open Class this year?)

Heat Wave (Can pretty much guarantee they'll be there)

Mon Valley Express

River City Regiment

Tremendous Blast! b**bs

And the corps that we don't know are fielding just yet:

G-Force

North Coast Rock

Presidents

Excelsior

Prairie Sound

Yeah!

So lay down a boogie and play that funky music till you die!

Govies Rock!

:unsure:

YES!

Oh, I forgot that Kruzer was just a "guest performer" at the showcase... Who said he could move up north, anyway?

Hey now, I wasnt a guest performer... The Kruzer is like a rash... Just when you think you got rid of me, BAM! there I am, makin your stuff itch. ^0^

Once a Govie, always a Govie.

I still remember the quote that smoothy told me on the ONE TIME I ran through "Lust" with the corps at the showcase before we went on stage.. "What the **** was that Kruzer? Why the **** are you playing so **** Loud??"

And all I could do was smile.

The thing that I keep telling people when I'm telling them about the small corps experience, is that you get to know EVERYONE in the corps, and become good friends with them all. When you have a larger corps, you mostly all can't fit on a school bus. But, some of my favorite times with teh Govies are when we had the whole corps on one bus. I was in it cause I loved the music, and I love the people.