Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies 76.35

Bluecoats 71.2

Glassmen 69.3

Phantom 69.15

Phantom- 76.00

Cavaliers-75.35

It could happen...

Only if the M&M fairy waved the magic wand and all of a sudden PR could march.............. :worthy:

PR--70.25

GM--75.50

Cavaliers 74.95

Phantom Regiment 71.75

Bluecoats 70.55

Glassmen 66.25

These scores are exactly what I was thinking.... :worthy:

I do think that Phantom could have more of a spread between them and the Bluecoats.

Only if the M&M fairy waved the magic wand and all of a sudden PR could march.............. :worthy:

PR--70.25

GM--75.50

Perhaps you should review last year's Finals recaps . . . Phantom beat Cavaliers in Visual Performance by .2, and were only .7 behind The Cadets, and .25 behind Cavies for a very close 3rd place Visual score. Phantom can march just fine, thank you.

Edited by DonPRBari

Perhaps you should review last year's Finals recaps . . . Phantom beat Cavaliers in Visual Performance by .2, and were only .7 behind The Cadets, and .25 behind Cavies for a very close 3rd place Visual score. Phantom can march just fine, thank you.

It just goes to show you how much damage the "down" years of 1998-2002 did for Regiment's reputation. Because when I marched, in the early 1990s, if there was one thing Regiment was known for other than our brass line, it was our marching technique. I think we won (or placed 2nd) in visual technique 3 of the 4 years I marched, and I know that they won or tied Visual in both 1989 and 1990. I may be misremembering but perhaps they were top two or three in Visual in 1987 as well. But the new generation of drum corps fan forgets that, for the most part, since it was so long ago, and they just remember Regiment's struggles with visual aspects in the late 90s and early 00s, and it's easy to assume that it's always been this way. I wouldn't be surprised if people feel similar "surprise" toward the high expectations for the Madison Scouts...as far as many drum corps newbies know, they've been a "second-tier" corps for a long time.

I am a believer that anything can happen in any given year...look at 1989, for example. There was absolutely nothing from 1988 to indicate that Regiment would make a surge and go undefeated half the year, and make a run for the title. Look at 1993....ditto. Look at 1996...ditto. Look at Scouts in 1988. Look at Cavaliers in 2000. SCV in 1997. Madison in 2005. The list goes on. I know that the argument goes: "Those other corps have been performing at too high a level and their staffs are intact." Yes, that is a HUGE advantage...but while the staff is intact, the membership does change...and if you don't think that membership has a lot to say in how a show is performed, then you're fooling yourself.

The odds are highly against Regiment, SCV, Bluecoats, Scouts, and every other corps not named Cavaliers, Cadets, or Blue Devils. But...you just never know. And I choose to believe. :)

Phantom- 99.16. This is because the judges will have a heart attack and a massive stroke when Resurrection Symphony rolls around. They just wont be able to take it after the Scythian Suite or the ballad- there will be no choice but to award Phantom the highest score in DCI history on the first show.

:worthy:

By the way, 2002 was one of my favorite phantom shows, at least musically. Maybe I'm partial to Shostakovich, but they still made top 5- I wouldn't consider it a "down" year by any stretch.

Edited by Wild Nights