Making a statment of being rude?

Booing is NEVER acceptable, unless it's with a capital B for Michael Boo.

I recall years ago, some mealy-mouthed little whimp booing at a Sr. Corps show. The man in front of the "boo-er" stood up, turned around, and punched that twit right between the blinkers, knocking him off the back of the bleachers! A large portion of the crowd cheered the "puncher." Including me! :P

If you can't play nice....stay home. :worthy:

Well, if booing is never acceptable, I believe punching other audience members in the face should never be acceptable either!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often wonder how the judging works. Does a corps with an incomplete but clean show get a higher score than the corps who has their complete book on the field by date X, but it's not clean, or at least not as clean? Does that first impression carry throughout the entire season? Or does the improvement factor of a corps with their complete book at the start of the season cancel out the early blemishes?

I can understand under a tick system, where not doing a horn manual is better than doing one less than perfect. But how exactly does modern judging equate amount of movement versus quality of movement?

there is no rule as to what anyone should or shouldn't have. and yes, cleaner, even if incomplete will score higher. you can have a done show, with all kinds of tough stuff, but you wont get credit.....dirt is drit, and the comp should only help you so much.

Well, if booing is never acceptable, I believe punching other audience members in the face should never be acceptable either!

True. Unfortunately (or fortunately), punching someone in the face will get you the desired result. Immediately.

Booing, on the other hand, will not. Ever.

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

um, no. see, you can only be judged on what you have, not what you dont. what is or isn't to come is of no consequence. a corps may have only 8 on the field, and timing penalties aside, if that 8 is good, it will score well.

you can not judge what is not there

And here's a question:

If a corps performs everything but their closer, they're basically leaving the audience hanging, musically. I mean, at the end of any corps' show, there should be absolutely NO question that it's the end, and it's time to stand up and clap. Whether it's a traditionally high fast and loud ending, or an SCV-style down ending.

If a corps does everything but its closer, then the "ending" is the end of the 2nd to last movement/song/chart/whatever. And that isn't always meant to bring people to their feet. So they finish that movement, and your ears and eyes tell you there's more, they're not finished. Then the drum major turns around and salutes, and you hear 5 taps from a bass drum.

HUH????

Wouldn't this SERIOUSLY hurt G.E.? Shouldn't it make the G.E. music judge say, "I don't understand this at all, this makes no sense whatsoever." And if a corps performs its whole musical program, but stands still for the last tune or has the guard just carry their equipment while they move, wouldn't that seriously hurt visual G.E.? Shouldn't it? Think about it: The visual G.E. judge would be staring at NOTHING. Shouldn't the visual G.E. judge say, "you have nothing visually going on to match what the music is doing." I would think that a judge saying things like this would hurt a corps' score alot more than if he/she said, "Well, you have your whole show out there, and it's REALLY dirty, but I can see what most of it is supposed to be."

I'm not saying that Southwind performing their whole show on their first night should beat the Cavaliers performing 3/4 of their show on their first night. But maybe Southwind's whole show should beat CapReg's 3/4 show? (FOR EXAMPLE)

And here's a question:

If a corps performs everything but their closer, they're basically leaving the audience hanging, musically. I mean, at the end of any corps' show, there should be absolutely NO question that it's the end, and it's time to stand up and clap. Whether it's a traditionally high fast and loud ending, or an SCV-style down ending.

If a corps does everything but its closer, then the "ending" is the end of the 2nd to last movement/song/chart/whatever. And that isn't always meant to bring people to their feet. So they finish that movement, and your ears and eyes tell you there's more, they're not finished. Then the drum major turns around and salutes, and you hear 5 taps from a bass drum.

HUH????

Wouldn't this SERIOUSLY hurt G.E.? Shouldn't it make the G.E. music judge say, "I don't understand this at all, this makes no sense whatsoever." And if a corps performs its whole musical program, but stands still for the last tune or has the guard just carry their equipment while they move, wouldn't that seriously hurt visual G.E.? Shouldn't it? Think about it: The visual G.E. judge would be staring at NOTHING. Shouldn't the visual G.E. judge say, "you have nothing visually going on to match what the music is doing." I would think that a judge saying things like this would hurt a corps' score alot more than if he/she said, "Well, you have your whole show out there, and it's REALLY dirty, but I can see what most of it is supposed to be."

I'm not saying that Southwind performing their whole show on their first night should beat the Cavaliers performing 3/4 of their show on their first night. But maybe Southwind's whole show should beat CapReg's 3/4 show? (FOR EXAMPLE)

Crossmen 92....down ending. song before the ending was...well...lol...a traditional closer. did the down ending possibly hurt GE after it was added?

Cadets 02...Boogie Woggie before the closer.....could that hurt for a temporary ending?

there is no rule that says the ending has to be huge, and lately, many corps have had songs before the closer that end huge..........so no, it may not hurt GE.

what could hurt GE is a closer that is god awfully dirty ( spelled correctly just for you) with people running into each other, lack of volume due to stamina issues, and maybe even people not knowing the music well.

nothaving a huge ending isnt going to hurt GE at all if you truly understand the caption.

GE= react to what you see. and, if a show early on ends leaving a judge confused, odds are, they wont be scoring a 19.

the shows are much more demanding musically and visually now then they were in the past, also the corps are not getting their color guard members during spring and winter due to WGI. When the corps only rehearse about one weekend a month until move in it is unreallistic to have a total package on the feild the first shows of june with the quality that we expect from division 1. If you don't want to see an incomplete book, go to later shows but don't boo, that is just rude.